Sound not working ...

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Sound not working ...

necky(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi!

I'm having trouble right now getting sound to work (as in it compiles okay but then you can't hear anything in the program).

In my own code it didn't work so I tried Mak's 'audiotest' example that comes with MonkeyX to see if it was something I was doing and that doen't seem to work either. Actually, that's not completely true, it works in HTML but that's it, compile for the Android or GLFW stops the sound from working.

Has anyone else had any problems with this or is it just me?

If anyone has a solution I'd be very grateful :)

All the best!

Mike

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#2]
None of the samples work? Which audio file format are you using? http://www.monkey-x.com/docs/html/Programming_File%20formats.html

necky(Posted 2014) [#3]
Hi Ziggy
. Maks sound example considers the compiled platform and loads the correct file. For some reason it just refuses to play on my computer and tablet. I'm guessing it isn't compiling correctly somehow.
Mike

TeaBoy(Posted 2014) [#4]
Hi necky,

Where are you calling PlaySound?

necky(Posted 2014) [#5]
Hi
. I'm calling it in onUpdate. I would have thought Mak's example would work though. :)

Thanks
. mike

TeaBoy(Posted 2014) [#6]
Hmm... Strange,

I have just tried HTML5, Flash, GLFW and the audiotest sample works fine, I will try Android in a mo and let you know,
but I'm sure it worked when I tested before.

[Edit]: sample works fine on my Android phone, perhaps you need to try a different version
of Android? I'm using API level 13 (3.2)

try changing to target=android-13 within project.properties see if that helps.

necky(Posted 2014) [#7]
Thanks Teaboy :) I'll take a look. I've downloaded the latest MonkeyX update as I haven't done that in months, hopefully this will fix the issue . :)

Thanks again!
Nike :)

necky(Posted 2014) [#8]
Me again!

Well, things are getting more bizarre. I've downloaded the latest version of MonkeyX and this darn annoying problem still exists. I've tested the same code on my Mac and that works just fine.

So a fresh install of MonkeyX, with the latest version, still has sound problems on my PC computer (in Windows 7). I'm beginning to wonder if this is actually anything to do with MonkeyX or something else entirely. Anyone have any ideas? How is the code compiled? Do I need to download some other compiling software to fix this issue?

Thanks
Mike :)

rIKmAN(Posted 2014) [#9]
Does your sound work normally in other apps and games?
You don't have the browser set on Mute in the sound settings or something silly do you?

necky(Posted 2014) [#10]
It's not just on the PC I'm not hearing any sound it's also on my Android tab let. Ironically the sound works five in the browser. What dies monkeyX use to compile the code? I have a feeling the issue is related to this in some way? or maybe there's a settinng in monkeyX that I've missed?