Jentos IDE v1.1

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Jentos IDE v1.1

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi guys!
My name is Eugene.
I present to you the code editor for Monkey "Jentos IDE", which is improved version of Ted v1.17.

Features

Code Analyzer:
Correct multiple inheritance.
Folding for "if,while,for,select" statements; and local variables is local for analyzer inside of them.
Analyze user's imports.
Autoformat code with adding (or removing) nessesary spaces.
Replacement for variables type: # $ % ? with :Int, :Float, :String, :Bool.
Autocomplete for (), "", '', [].
Autocomplete for function, condition, cycles, etc. by pressing Ctrl+Enter.
All monkey's modules analyzing at startup, so you always work with actual items.

Autocompletion list:
Works for monkey's and user's words.
List opens when ident reachs 3 chars, or by pressing Ctrl+Space.
Contains inherited members from base class and interfaces.

Templates:
Allow you to insert big expression by typing just few symbols.
Type template symbols and press Tab: fu+tab => function, me+tab => method , etc.
Templates are stored in templates.txt, you can add your own templates.

Smart navigation:
Improved CodeTree with icons and class/function members.
Additional list 'Source', which contains members of selected class or function.
Shows variable's info when hold Ctrl and mouse over.
Go to variable's declaration by Ctrl+Left Mouse Button.
Find Usages / Rename.
Comment / Uncomment Block.
Changing words case to lower and upper by hotkeys.
'Find and replace' panel now placing between code and debug areas (instead of popup window).
Additional panel with line numbers, which also contains bookmark icons and highlight for edited lines.
Go back / Go forward for code - jump to lines which were edited.
Bookmarks.
Highlight words which are the same as the word under cursor.
Open files by dragging them into the editor area.

Contextual help:
First press F1 - shows help in status bar, second press - open help page.
Shows variable's info when hold Ctrl and mouse over.

Themes:
Android Studio, dark.
Qt Creator, light.
Netbeans ,light, is default.
Also monkey's docs have dark style when current theme is Android Studio (need to restart app).

Visit an editor homepage - http://fingerdev.com/apps/jentos/ .

Links to download:

Windows:
v.1.1, qt 5.3
mirror

OS X:
v.1.1, qt 5.3
mirror

Linux:
v.1.1, qt 5.3
mirror

Sources:
github

Please, read file ReadMe.txt before using.

Thanks to
hsutuo for OS X and Linux versions and donation.
Danilo for OS X version.
Aman for Linux version.
and all guys who inerested in and want to do this program better.

Jentos is free and always be free.
But you may support the author via donation.

Enjoy! :)

nikoniko(Posted 2014) [#2]
Please, don't use 7z for public releases.

Do you have builds for MacOS/Linux?

How to change dark theme to light?

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#3]
I added link to ZIP in the first post.
I haven't builds for MacOS/Linux now, will do later maybe.

Upd: Dark style only for now. Light theme and color costomization are in plans.

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#4]
which is improved version of Ted v1.17.
And is the source code available as it sounds as though you have used Ted?

bazmonkey(Posted 2014) [#5]
Looks good, and you've addressed some of the common requests for Ted features, like autocomplete, contextual help, better search. I do kinda wish those were in the main Ted, but thats another story.

Edit - as dawlane said, you do need to address the license issues.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#6]
Source code is closed yet.

erebel55(Posted 2014) [#7]
Thank you :) Cant wait for color customization (although the default color scheme is nice)

I will be using this IDE.

garyk1968(Posted 2014) [#8]
Looks pretty cool, will take a look when there is an OS X build.

erebel55(Posted 2014) [#9]
I am seeing an odd bug where I highlight some code and it removes some of my whitespace (more specifically it is moving some of my lines to the left more). Also sometimes when I press Enter to go to the next line it messes with my whitespace as well. Something is going on with the way you handle tabs and spaces I think. Can you look into this? Also highlighting in general seems a bit off sometimes. Sometimes it doesn't highlight exactly what I dragged over.

Beaker(Posted 2014) [#10]
+1 for OS X.

FelipeA(Posted 2014) [#11]
Yes! OS X Build please! I've been looking for an upgrade for ted on os x for while. For now I've just used jungle ide on parallels, which is ok but not as good as a native solution.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#12]
erebel55, I am developing a game now, and improve Jentos from time to time during coding.
About changing spaces when line changed - there is some logic for this: replace tabs in the begining of line with 4 spaces, removing 2 or more spaces placed consecutive, add spaces for = <>
Os X, ok. I will try to make as soon as possible.

Why0Why(Posted 2014) [#13]
Looks very good. Nice work!

hsutuo(Posted 2014) [#14]
Since using the Qt and Ted why not open open source ?
btw: +1 for Mac ;-)

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#15]
I want to open sources after making some features from todo, and organizing code. :)

Raul(Posted 2014) [#16]
Nice project here. Too bad its not for Mac also. Im using Jungle for Windows (which is the best) and i am still waiting for some Mac OS solution...
I like the dark theme. Nice work!!

muddy_shoes(Posted 2014) [#17]
>I want to open sources after making some features from todo, and organizing code. :)

That's all very nice but TED was released under GPL. It doesn't really allow you to pick and choose when and whether you release the source code.

erebel55(Posted 2014) [#18]
I am getting a crash every once and a while; haven't pinpointed it yet, just wanted to make you aware of it. Thanks

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#19]
erebel55, 1. did you choose action 'Edit -- Autoformat all' when begin using Jentos? 2. Is your code placed in one file or contains imports? (analyzer not working with imports yet). 3. I need more information about crashes.

> That's all very nice but TED was released under GPL. It doesn't really allow you to pick and choose when and whether you release the source code.
yes, I know. I hope you excuse me for this. a little patience, please.

Thanks everybody for comments! :)

erebel55(Posted 2014) [#20]
No I hadn't done the 'Edit -> Autoformat all". I just did that now, so I will see if that fixes the crash as well. All of my code is in one file except for various modules that I import; mojo, autofit, angelfont, admob, etc. I will let you know more information if I run into any more crashes. Thanks

Also, it would be nice if saving the file didn't close all of the expanded nodes in the Navigator tab. I know it probably refreshes the tree, which is why the nodes all close.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#21]
>> Also, it would be nice if saving the file didn't close all of the expanded nodes in the Navigator tab. I know it probably refreshes the tree, which is why the nodes all close.

I am not recommend to use navigator tree for code viewing. I use the tree for choosing classes only, and jump to members from Source list.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#22]
Hey people. I can't build version for OS X and Linux.

Sources is available on github now: https://github.com/engor/Jentos_IDE

If someone is able to make a version for OS X, that would be cool !

hsutuo(Posted 2014) [#23]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdu7o0jpgl1ggtb/JentosIDE.zip
for mac

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#24]
hsutuo, thanks!

I updated the first post.

Impmaster(Posted 2014) [#25]
Will try this out :)

garyk1968(Posted 2014) [#26]
Cant seem to change the target from C++ (running OS X version) on the main screen. Can go to Build->Build Target and change from there.

Just a small thing for code completion I'm used to using TAB to do the completion not Return, if that was configurable be awesome!

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#27]
> Cant seem to change the target from C++
hm.. I met the same bug when don't set monkey path at startup. Restarting ide corrects this.

> Just a small thing for code completion I'm used to using TAB to do the completion not Return, if that was configurable be awesome!
welcome to todo list. :)

hsutuo(Posted 2014) [#28]
//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bug #1
class A extends class B
class B extends class C

in class A can't see class C's field

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bug #2

class B
field c := new String()
end class

field c can't list string type.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#29]
hsutuo, ok, I know. Added to todo-list. Thanks!

hsutuo(Posted 2014) [#30]
bug #3
if closed last tab, the application will crash always

Impmaster(Posted 2014) [#31]
Is this one of those apps where each time you release an update, it'll autoupdate, or do we have to download the binaries each time?

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#32]
Have to download the binaries.
Size of Next updates will be about 300 kb, because you not need to download qt libs each time. (for Windows version)
Autoupdate is a nice thing, maybe do in the feature.

hsutuo(Posted 2014) [#33]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmtbt3jise2gju3/JentosIDE.tar.gz

for linux

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#34]
hsutuo, Thank you!

Desperado(Posted 2014) [#35]
The Mac version doesn't work for me. It just shows the message "Monkey path isn't set. Set the path to see docs here." even though the path is set correctly. No files are listed under the "Project" tab in the navigator.

Impmaster(Posted 2014) [#36]
Did you set the path to the folder holding Monkey, or to the actual monkey app? The folder is the one you should be aiming at.

BTW, I tried this on mac, and it seems pretty good, but it's a little too buggy to use atm. Crashes every couple minutes.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#37]
I have no mac for test, unfortunately.
For 'monkey path' there is this check in code:
if file exists '%MONKEY% \ bin \ transcc_macos' or '%MONKEY% \ bin \ trans_macos' then the path is correct.

About crashes: when they happen?

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#38]
It's 64bit only. And you will need Qt5 runtime libraries installed if you wish to use it. These are not available on all Linux distributions. NOTE: The application is built against Qt 5.2.1.
You have three solutions
1) Install the Qt SDK to your machine and build the application your self.
2) Build the application with static linking. This would involve having to rebuild all the Qt SDK from source to get static libraries. Not a fun task.
3) Include the required libraries in the same directory with the application and set RPATH to search there first. RPATH is set to where the Qt SDK is installed by default.

FelipeA(Posted 2014) [#39]
I've tried the OS X version and It runs great!
Although I find it a bit annoying that It forces indentation on every new line even if I haven't added the "End" or "EndIf".

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#40]
Indentation works for lines that contain such words as "class", "function", "method", "for", "while", "select" and "if" (without then). Did you say about such kinds?

Beaker(Posted 2014) [#41]
Trying out the Mac version. Looks quite good so far, but some things I'm not keen on.

1) I really dislike the way in which tabs are turned into spaces. Deleting a tab takes 4 keypresses.
2) It doesn't seem to autocomplete for class instance variables (or anything else for that matter) in user created classes.
3) Return key auto-tabbing doesn't always seem to be desirable. This is particularly noticeable when you open a monkey file created elsewhere (ie. in normal Ted). It even occasionally adds in 1 or two spaces to the right of the cursor (AFAICT).
4) Shift+Tab should remove a tab at the start of that line(s).
5) Panel controls overlap onto the panel title. See here:

Good job tho.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#42]
Beaker, thanks!

1. Use Ctrl+Backspace to delete 4 spaces like a tab deleting.
2. Autocomplete for new variables works after code analyzing, it's manually this time, need to press Ctrl+P or Ctrl+S.
3. It's recommended to use action "Edit -- Autocomplete all" before coding. But as you dislike spaces - this will be bad for you.
4. I am targeting to spaces instead of tabs.
5. Ohh.. ok.

FelipeA(Posted 2014) [#43]
Indentation works for lines that contain such words as "class", "function", "method", "for", "while", "select" and "if" (without then). Did you say about such kinds?

I Think that's perfect but when I try to add the "End" I have to backspace to the previous position. It would be nice if I add a new line on a function it would automatically add the End keyword to it.
Any way I still find it very useful, and I don't mind using spaces in replace of tabs.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#44]
>> I Think that's perfect but when I try to add the "End" I have to backspace to the previous position.

Analyzer expecting spaces but getting tabs indent.
Todo: Replace for tabs will be changeable in options because somebody dislike this.

>> It would be nice if I add a new line on a function it would automatically add the End keyword to it.
Any way I still find it very useful, and I don't mind using spaces in replace of tabs.

Ok, I will try to do 'auto-end'.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#45]
Follow Jentos on Google+ page. :)

Read there about "Code writing acceleration with Jentos". All explanations will be collected to the Jentos doc page later.

Difference(Posted 2014) [#46]
+1 to Beakers post, can we have tabs instead of spaces? , - the editor seems to work fine with existing tab-indented files.

Good job, very nice :-)

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#47]
I will add correct support for tabs in new version.

Snader(Posted 2014) [#48]
I am impressed Eugene! Good work!

samowitsch(Posted 2014) [#49]
+1 :D

Difference(Posted 2014) [#50]
I will add correct support for tabs in new version.

Great!

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#51]
I wanted to try this on OSX but as the download page is using a language that I can't read, I didn't download it.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#52]
MikeHart, try to download by hsutuo's link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdu7o0jpgl1ggtb/JentosIDE.zip

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#53]
I am using TED exclusively normally. Jentos on OSX complains that the path to Monkey isn't set which it is. So the docs don't show. The dark color sheme is bad for my eyes. I like the navigation panels on the right. And more. Nice try but I will pass and stick with TED. Thanks for giving the opportunity to try it out.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#54]
I don't know why the path is incorrect.:( Some guys use it normally.
Light theme will be added.
Navigation panel is dockable, so you can move it to the right.
I know that Jentos contains not all good features, and I will try to improve it.

Thanks everybody for feedback! :)

hsutuo(Posted 2014) [#55]
here is my situation, although the system told me "the monkey path does not exist", but monkey can works and compile normally.
so i think this "monkey path not exist" (in webpage) is incorrect

Jesse(Posted 2014) [#56]
Same thing here. it did threw me off at first but I was able to see the docs and execute. Good job so far but I do think you need to have a Mac to figure out the quirks. Otherwise it will be pretty much unusable for OSX.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#57]
I have an idea how to fix.
My friend have a Mac, so we'll can test, I hope.

erebel55(Posted 2014) [#58]
Argh I'm getting a crash on windows whenever I try to run the IDE now. I tried restarting windows but it didn't resolve the issue.

Also, before this I have been using the IDE as my primary development environment and I would get various crashes throughout development. Not really too often, but enough to be annoying.

I deleted the jentos folder and redownloaded and it is working again; not sure what happened.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#59]
Hm.. It's very strange. Thanks for info.

nikoniko(Posted 2014) [#60]
No new versions?

erebel55(Posted 2014) [#61]
Any plans to add If/Endif folding? Or am I missing a way to enable it?

nikoniko(Posted 2014) [#62]
erebel55 wrote:
Any plans to add If/Endif folding?

ops... sorry, it was mollusk :)

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#63]
Not in plans but maybe. :)

Kslam(Posted 2014) [#64]
I use Mac version. Jentos not allow to use the code below:

#Rem

#End

erebel55(Posted 2014) [#65]
Here is more details on the crash I get periodically. It doesn't seem to be caused by any user action. I am getting this on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 Pro.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#66]
>> Jentos not allow to use the code below: #Rem #End

What happen with this? Comments appear after ctrl+s.

erebel55, oh... I hope new version will not contain such crashes.

nikoniko(Posted 2014) [#67]
Project is died?

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#68]
Hi everybody.
I am developing new great update right now! :)

erebel55(Posted 2014) [#69]
Awesome, I can't wait :)

I use this every day. The things I want most are a fix to crashing issue and folding if statements.

hsutuo(Posted 2014) [#70]
awesome

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#71]
Hi guys!
Release is coming soon.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#72]
New version 1.1

This is a big update, let's try it now!
Only Windows version is available for now - download.
Compiled with qt 5.3 libs.

What's new

** Themes **
+ Android, dark.
+ Qt Creator, light.
+ Netbeans, light, is default now.
For docs: file pagestyle.css will be replaced with dark or light version when theme has changed. But you have to restart the app to see changes.

** Code Analyzer **
+ Correct multiple inheritance.
+ Improve parser for interfaces, now it don't expect of pair 'method-end', just 'method'.
The same bug fixed for abstract methods.
+ Folding for "if,while,for,select" statements; and local variables is local for analyzer inside of them.
+ Import myfile - analyze user's imports.
+ Correct parse templates when there are few arguments in line.
+ Analyze variables from 'For local var:Type = ...'.
+ Analyzing for ':=' expression.
+ Check the file modified time before analyzing; if time isn't changed, then don't analyzing.

** Editor **
+ Choose item from autocomplete list by Tab.
+ "Find Usages / Rename" for user's variables.
(Don't change documents between find usages and rename! For another rename do Find Usages again. This function opens all files from CodeTree.)
+ Show hint for all user's variables by Ctrl+"mouse over". Click LMB to jump to declaration line.
Note: not showing hint if document has selection, because this prevents copying.
+ Fix for deleting multi-line selection area; early cursor may jump somewhere.
+ Improved tab/untab indention for multi-line selection area.
+ Click on word 'Import' by Ctrl+LMB to open file.
+ Show mark 'ovr.' for overridden methods on the line number area.
+ Italic font for const, global, function.
+ Fix 'crash when closing tab with code'.
+ Some new template-words (look at templates.txt).
+ Custom contextual menu for code editor, which includes Find Usages and Bookmark actions.
+ Action "File -- New (temp)" - create temp file in folder %Jentos%/projects/ without prompt.
+ Action "View -- Comment / Uncomment Block" - add or remove comment quote for selected lines.
* New item 'Format' in main menu:
+ Autoformat All (works even if item 'autoformat' is off in options)
+ lowercase selection
+ UPPERCASE selection

** Options **
+ Inheritance list after 'Method ' (default is true) - show list with methods from base classes and interfaces.
+ Replace tabs with spaces (default is false).
+ Autoformat on/off (default is true) - replace #$%^ to :Float:String:Int:Bool, add/remove needed spaces.
+ Highlight current line (default is true) - visible carret row.
+ Highlight word under cursor (default is true).
+ Settings now stored in file settings.ini without sub-directory.
+ Check for Updated (default is true).

** Source list **
* Options (checkable buttons):
+ Show Inherited Members
+ Sorting
+ Show Variables
* View class summary - click RMB on the first item (with class name) in the Source list

** Search panel **

+ Add option 'wrap' (early it always was true).
+ Copying selected text to field Find when opens Search panel.
+ Fix 'wrap around' for searching previous.
+ Hide panel by pressing Escape, if focus is on document.

** Other minor fixes **

I also renew the first post of this thread.

Enjoy coding! :)

Screenshots of 3 themes:

Qt Creator

Android Studio

NetBeans

GW_(Posted 2014) [#73]
Awesome!
Great job and Thanks!

Why0Why(Posted 2014) [#74]
Wow, that is quite the update! Great work!

hsutuo(Posted 2014) [#75]
small problem here, can't access google from china. T_T

erebel55(Posted 2014) [#76]
Yes, an update!!! Thank you so much :)

erebel55(Posted 2014) [#77]
How do I change themes?

Nevermind I found it in settings.ini

Like the new Logo as well :D

Thanks for fulfilling everyone of my requests!
Jentos is the best :D

Sensei(Posted 2014) [#78]
This is excellent, thanks! This has some much needed features I've been waiting for, for ages. Having pop-out windows and fullscreen is awesome. Finally I can start multi-monitor dev :)

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#79]
Hi guys!

Little update:
+ Show Options dialog in the center of Desctop (not tested with multi-monutors).
+ Extract all 'find' actions from menu item Edit to new item Find (see screenshot).
+ Add hint about Themes to Options dialog: Go to "Main Menu -- Window -- Themes" to change current theme.
+ Upload new sources to github.
+ Mirror download links, google drive and yandex disk.

Download:
win_1.1_google
win_1.1_yandex
github

Sensei(Posted 2014) [#80]
Excellent nerobot! I'll give it a try tonight. Really liking this editor so far. I will also test it on OS X tonight to see how it works.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#81]
I will also test it on OS X tonight to see how it works.

Good to hear. :)
But there is no new version for OS X yet. Old version 1.0.2 only.

I hope, that hsutuo will compile OS X and Linux version for us. Please. :)

Danilo(Posted 2014) [#82]
Filedropper: JentosIDE_1.1_MacOSX.zip (22.5 MB)

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#83]
Thank you, Danilo!

OS X version 1.1:
google drive
yandex disk

consty(Posted 2014) [#84]
Good job nerobot! Lots of thanks.

Raul(Posted 2014) [#85]
10x for the Mac version.

I really like it. For now I will use this one on my Macbook :D

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#86]
Thanks for the update. Where to report bugs?

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#87]
Report bugs in this thread.

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#88]
Great job so far. But I have some quirks I would like to post here:

1) When you close the preference dialog, the target platform is set to the first entry in the combobox.
2) When I open a file by double clicking inside the project list box, the file opens, but has been flagged like it has being modified already. Why? That makes me feel uneasy as it seems your editor changes something. As a result, I won't use Jentos right now. :-/
3) Inside the source box, it will only display inhereted members only from monkey classes?
4) Can you customize, what is displayed inside the code box?

Question. What is the difference between the source and the code box?

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#89]
Funny, after I "checked for Updates", #2 is not happening anymore. Weird!

Danilo(Posted 2014) [#90]
I also noticed some things on MacOSX, related to saving the preferences:
- Last target and Release/Debug mode are not saved (editing the .ini manually works)
- Old window position is not restored at next start (it works on Windows)

The preferences should not get saved into the application directory, on all OS.
Save preferences to user settings folder. Application folder should be treated
as read-only.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#91]
Thanks for reports.

MikeHart
1. Add to TODO.
2. I will check.
3. From all classes if you toogle "Show Inherited Members".
4. Code box (code tree) contains the structure of your file. You don't need to expand items in this box, use it for speed jumping to classes and global functions. To navigate by inner items use Source list. Source list and Code tree contains the same items.

Danilo
Oh. Add to TODO.

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#92]
@nerobot:

#3. No, it doesn't show them for my own classes. Does the file structure and how there are imported have something to do with it?
#4. No. Source list shows content of the class my cursor is only. Code box shows all classes inside a file.

Danilo(Posted 2014) [#93]
I also noticed some things on MacOSX, related to saving the preferences:
- Last target and Release/Debug mode are not saved (editing the .ini manually works)
- Old window position is not restored at next start (it works on Windows)

Hmm.. I unchecked "[ ] Check for Updates" and now it works correctly.
It restores old window position/size and target debug/release correctly now (most of the time).

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#94]
I check for updates in showEvent of main window, not good idea, will do via timer.
MikeHart, sorry, but I don't understand. :(
Try to change your file (such by adding space char) and press ctrl+s for save and run analyzer, then look for inheritance, is it or not now.

nikoniko(Posted 2014) [#95]
nerobot

Console window/panel is too big. Set minsize to half of current window.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#96]

I know, I want to do it little, but I can't. I try to do it again.

Danilo(Posted 2014) [#97]
nikoniko wrote:

nerobot wrote:
I know, I want to do it little, but I can't. I try to do it again.

I changed the layout a bit: Filedropper -> mainwindow.ui.zip

First I changed the targets of the 3 dock windows. They can now get docked on all sides.
Console on right/left/bottom, and also code outline on bottom etc. It is more flexible this way.

Second thing I changed is the minimum height of the console output window. I set it to 60px minimum (was round about 250px or so before).
The problem is not the console output window, it is the "Usages" tool that is within the same dock window.
The "Usages" tool contains vertical aligned buttons when you highlight a word and choose menu "Find -> Find Usages / Rename",
and this is the reason the dock window couldn't be smaller in height.
With my changes, you can't see this "Usages" buttons correctly if you make the console output dock too small. You have
to resize it again to see the buttons correctly.
I don't think it is a big problem for now, but in the long run I think the "Usages" tool should be moved to it's own dock,
or the buttons should get re-arranged.

In my opinion everything should go into it's own dock window:
Project, Code, Debug, Source, Console, Usages, File Explorer, Help File browser, Color chooser, etc...
It is much more flexible and you are able to dock docks over docks anyway.

Use mainwindow.ui.zip for testing. Make a backup of your old mainwindow.ui first,
copy the new mainwindow.ui to the project and clean + re-built everything in Qt Creator, otherwise there may be errors.

Binary for MacOSX for testing the dock window changes is there: JentosIDE.app.zip (23.1MB)

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#98]
@nerobot: Ok, when I save the file inside Jentos, it will show the inhereted methods.

What about SELF? Here it won't provide me the class methods and fields for autocomplete.

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#99]
Jeeez, now it shows. Jentos is really promising but onfuses the heck out of me. Is there any documentation about it?

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#100]
Ok, I give up with your autocomplete functionality. I type

Self.

that gives me a list to choose. As soon as I type another character, the list disappears.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#101]
Really, it seems to I broke Self and Super while adding other features.
i.e. Super shows something without base class extends. Self shows nothing for my test class, but works correct for real project class.
I do bug fixes. And look at this too.
Also I decided to store settings at default system path, to avoid problems with saving them.

Danilo(Posted 2014) [#102]
Sometimes line numbers change to "ovr.", see screenshot for lines 121 and 126 (both 'Method' lines)

EDIT: Is it a feature to show 'override'?

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#103]
Is it a feature to show 'override'?

Yes. Icon will be better, but is as text now.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#104]
TODO list:
new version 1.1.1, maybe

- fix: autocompletion for Self and Super.
- fix: when open file from Project box or from disk, it don't highlighting, and don't analyzing, and flagged as modifiet - sometimes
- fix: flush extra selection for "ctrl + mouse over"
- add: writing help for IDE
+ settings are stored at default system path, to avoid problems with saving them; this path you can see in Options dialog.
+ choose current theme in Options dialog.
+ console panel now can be small. so I delete some buttons from rename area. buttons select/unselect all moved to context menu of usages tabs. and checkbox "selected only" sets always to true.
+ fix: save current target after closing Options dialog
+ dock panels Navigator, Source and Console can be placed on the all sides of main window now (rigth, left, top, bottom)
+ check for updates run via timer
(+) - already done

Please, report bugs and specials wishes for new version.

Danilo(Posted 2014) [#105]
- put all tools/tabs into its own dock window (Debug, Code, Project, Source, Output, Usages)

- add all color to preferences to change them. Currently colors are in settings.ini:
backgroundColor=@Variant(\0\0\0\x43\x1\xff\xff++++++\0\0)
commentsColor=@Variant(\0\0\0\x43\x1\xff\xff\x80\x80\x80\x80\x80\x80\0\0)
constantsColor=@Variant(\0\0\0\x43\x1\xff\xff\x98\x98vv\xaa\xaa\0\0)
defaultColor=@Variant(\0\0\0\x43\x1\xff\xff\xab\xab\xb9\xb9\xc8\xc8\0\0)

That's not easily readable. More readable could be a format like this:
backgroundColor=$000000
commentsColor=RGB($40,$40,$40)
constantsColor=7490450
defaultColor=255,255,255

If it would be readable format, I could change it manually. Or you add everything to preferences.

- Would you like to add support for BlitzMax? Many things like the language / syntax highlighting is similar to Monkey X,
and I think there is no nice cross-platform IDE for BlitzMax.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#106]
put all tools/tabs into its own dock window (Debug, Code, Project, Source, Output, Usages)

ok, good idea.
add all color to preferences to change them

ok, will add to Options dialog.
Would you like to add support for BlitzMax?

No, because there is good app BLIde Free for BlitzMax. I prefer to use it.

Kaltern(Posted 2014) [#107]
Just found this, quite impressed so far - any chance of adding custom block folding?

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#108]
Just found this, quite impressed so far - any chance of adding custom block folding?

Yes, use combination '/** ...... '**/ (combination of monkey and c++ comments)
For example:
'/** my test classes
Class Test
	Method mmm:Void() Abstract
End
'**/

This block will be foldable after code analyzing (just after saving file).

I would like to do smart code analyzer in new version - analyzing just edited lines / scope, not all document, and without need to save file for analyze it.
But it's just yet a dream. :)

consty(Posted 2014) [#109]
Hi nerobot, sometimes jentos crashes, as I can guess perhaps due to autocompletion.
If there are any crash logs generated, I would be interested to upload so you can see what's going on.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#110]
Has no log system. Good idea to add it.
Crashes occur after typing dot char? How often?

consty(Posted 2014) [#111]
It occurs about at 15-20 minutes of usage. It happened all of the three times of using it.

I was doing the shooter tutorial on Diddy framework. I dont remember exactly where it occured.

I think I might try QT myself and run it in debug mode.

Thanks for the response anyway. :)

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#112]
If you will find error reason, please post here about it. :)

consty(Posted 2014) [#113]
Hi nerobot, I found a problem. When I try to write MouseDown and then pass the value MOUSE_LEFT, exactly when I hit the underscore character. Otherwise if the parameter is selected from the autocompletion list there is no problem.

If I find anything other I will say.

CopperCircle(Posted 2014) [#114]
Hi, this is coming on really well, I would like the option to disable line numbers on the main code panel to gain some more width?

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#115]
I would like the option to disable line numbers on the main code panel

Ok, added to TODO :)

GW_(Posted 2014) [#116]
Hi, to backup what Const says about the autocomplete causing crashes. I noticed that If the auto complete gets invoked, then you start backspacing, the autocomplete box will start filling up with more matches, eventually containing *everything. This causes a crash for me. If it's possible, you might somehow suspend reading keypresses or updating the doc while autocomplete is filling up the context menu.

Aman(Posted 2014) [#117]
Linux 1.1 version:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2957713/JentosIDE

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#118]
GW_, thanks for explanation.
Aman, thanks for Linux version. (I don't test it)

Guys, I am passive user of github, do commit when releasing new version only.
But from today, I will do commit every day (If write some code) - like a nightly builds.
Unfortunately, I have no time to do new version now. It possible that new version will be released at the end of August.

therevills(Posted 2014) [#119]
FYI for some reason Malwarebytes is blocking your site

Detection, 12/08/2014 5:47:28 PM, SYSTEM, I7WIN8, Protection, Malicious Website Protection, IP, 81.177.140.93, fingerdev.com, 49452, Outbound, C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe,

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#120]
It's strange. I can view my site in normal mode right now.

Afrobear(Posted 2014) [#121]
Is there any way to unable autocompletion? I f***ing hate it. Also, sometimes part of my code get white and underlined, how to make it stop happening? Cool IDE though, gratz!

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#122]
It's not possible to disable autocomplition in current version, add to TODO.
I know about underlining, need to fix, already added to TODO.
Thanks for comment!

Sensei(Posted 2014) [#123]
Any update for this IDE? Also, (not that I've actually looked very deep), but is it easy enough to chance the IDE colours?

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#124]
Hi. No updates. You can change ide themes only, not custom colors - but it's in todo.
New update date is unknown but I plan to do.

nigelibrown(Posted 2014) [#125]
I have had a slight problem with the editor applying uppercase to keywords in a .cpp file that is part of my monkey project. Can you please determine the leaf-name and not force keyword syntax unless they are monkey files.

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#126]
Ок, I'll fix, but don't now when.

V. Lehtinen(Posted 2014) [#127]
Hey nerobot!

I just started using your IDE and would like to request a remake for the auto-completion list:
It would be really nice, if it only listed methods, fields etc. using the imports I have in my files, so it wouldn't suggest everything I have in the modules folder... :) This also helps to notice if you're missing an import, without trying to run your app.

Sincerely,
Lehtinen

nerobot(Posted 2014) [#128]
Hi. It's good idea, I'll plan to do this when continue development.

Fryman(Posted 2015) [#129]
Any news on updates? also a bug report
Jentos crashes if you try to type certain things,

Replicate it by creating a new file and just typing
DrawImage(Pla

nerobot(Posted 2015) [#130]
Hi. I have no time to develop IDE :(
There are many things which I want to fix and improve, you can find them on github issues.

Fryman(Posted 2015) [#131]
Thats a shame its a great little IDE, I had a quick look to see if I could solve the problem myself, I couldn't replicate the bug when running from your latest source in the debugger.
So I tried switching out the DLL's you included in your zip with the ones from the QT website and the problem has gone away

nerobot(Posted 2015) [#132]
What's the version of libs?

Fryman(Posted 2015) [#133]
5.4, I believe the originals were 5.3?

nerobot(Posted 2015) [#134]
Yes, 5.3.

Fryman(Posted 2015) [#135]
I will work on some of the Quality of Life issues you have listed as there are a few there that have been bugging me. (Also it gives me an opportunity to play around with C++ and do something productive)
I have created a fork, and I've added:

A lock button to stop you changing the target (Personal one, I am constantly trying to scroll code and accidentally scrolling the target box, annoying when you want to build HTML5 and have to wait for GLFW) - Needs a better icon though

A check box on the preferences dialog so the automatic closing of brackets and quotations can be disabled - This one sort of fixes an issue albeit not in an elegent way

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#136]
Some people would be very happy if Jentos would become stable. Thanks for looking into this.

nerobot(Posted 2015) [#137]
Hi guys! How much time has passed! :)

I glad to see jentos fork here, but I am not monitor what's new in that.

Today I remember the youth with Monkey, and I'm tired of the new browser tab for each run for html5.

So, I decide to add html5 preview window inside ide!

See the prototype on screenshot https://yadi.sk/i/5suNCRkDkLZJX

What I made:
1. rebuild mserver.bmx - commented line with OpenUrl "http://localhost.....", don't touch system browser
2. add new form to Jentos, which contains webview and text edit with url
3. check target Html5_Game at "run" command to show preview window and reload our .html

Url must contains port - a value from started mserver.

Does someone already did it? Or other the same/good solution?
Is it good so much to be completed and published?

ziggy(Posted 2015) [#138]
I was thinking on adding a parameter to transc so you can tell it which "browser" to use (the exe). Then, you can pass it your own IDE for previewing, or even provide a chance to see your app on several browsers.