C++ Tool

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/C++ Tool

Shagwana(Posted 2014) [#1]
Is C++ tool still a supported platform?. The target switch for transcc_winnt.exe was C++_Tool, has this changed?

Shagwana(Posted 2014) [#2]
To answer my own question. It looks like C++_Tool is now the same as Desktop_Game.

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#3]
Yes it is. It will every be as long as Trans is written itself in Monkey targetting the C++ tool.

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#4]
To answer my own question. It looks like C++_Tool is now the same as Desktop_Game.
No it's not. Desktop_Game adds the GLFW library to the build and disables console, so not the same target. It's called C++_Tool AFAIK. Depending on which IDE you're using, and if you're under Windows, be sure to have MinGW installed, and also be sure to refresh the available target on your IDE.

Shagwana(Posted 2014) [#5]
I am using Sublime Text 3 with my own plugin.

I can get my previous C++_Tool project to compile using Desktop_Game, hence my statement above.

No it's not. Desktop_Game adds the GLFW library to the build and disables console, so not the same target. It's called C++_Tool AFAIK.

So what should we do now for 'Tool' type compiles, maybe we need a Desktop_Tool target!.

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#6]
Just use C++_Tool

Shagwana(Posted 2014) [#7]
When attempting to compile to c++, I get the following error...
TRANS monkey compiler V1.65
TRANS FAILED: Invalid target
transcc_winnt.exe -update -run -config=release -target=C++_Tool "D:\Users\..." 

I have MingW set up correctly (i believe) and I don't have VS2010 installed (could this be the issue?).

If I start up Ted, I can see that C++ Tool is no longer listed as a valid target as well.

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#8]
Have you updated Monkey recently? If so, be sure that the MinGW path is properly set to point to the correct MinGW location in the configuration file.

Shagwana(Posted 2014) [#9]
Jackpot! - fixed my issue, it turns out that the configuration file was indeed pointing to the wrong location. Cheers