Desktop Game Build error with Pro

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Desktop Game Build error with Pro

erebel55(Posted 2014) [#1]
I just recently purchases Monkey Pro and prior to this I was using the free version.

The free version still runs my code fine using "Desktop Game". (MonkeyX77a)

However, my new version of Monkey gives the following output (MonkeyXPro77f)

"C:/MonkeyXPro77f/bin/transcc_winnt" -target=Desktop_Game -config=Debug -run "C:/Users/Ethan/Dropbox/LVM/Lava Monkey/LVM.monkey"
TRANS monkey compiler V1.64
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 4.0.30319.18408
[Microsoft .NET Framework, version 4.0.30319.18444]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Building the projects in this solution one at a time. To enable parallel build, please add the "/m" switch.
Build started 3/23/2014 10:04:35 PM.
Project "C:\Users\Ethan\Dropbox\LVM\Lava Monkey\LVM.buildv77f\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln" on node 1 (default targets).
ValidateSolutionConfiguration:
  Building solution configuration "Debug|Win32".
Project "C:\Users\Ethan\Dropbox\LVM\Lava Monkey\LVM.buildv77f\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln" (1) is building "C:\Users\Ethan\Dropbox\LVM\Lava Monkey\LVM.buildv77f\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (2) on node 1 (default targets).
C:\Users\Ethan\Dropbox\LVM\Lava Monkey\LVM.buildv77f\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj(18,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Ethan\Dropbox\LVM\Lava Monkey\LVM.buildv77f\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (default targets) -- FAILED.
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Ethan\Dropbox\LVM\Lava Monkey\LVM.buildv77f\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln" (default targets) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Ethan\Dropbox\LVM\Lava Monkey\LVM.buildv77f\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.sln" (default target) (1) ->
"C:\Users\Ethan\Dropbox\LVM\Lava Monkey\LVM.buildv77f\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj" (default target) (2) ->
  C:\Users\Ethan\Dropbox\LVM\Lava Monkey\LVM.buildv77f\glfw\vc2010\MonkeyGame.vcxproj(18,3): error MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Microsoft.Cpp.Default.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.04
TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe /p:Configuration=Debug /p:Platform=Win32 MonkeyGame.sln', return code=1
Done.

I tried deleting the build folder but it didn't help. Any ideas?

Thanks

Deen(Posted 2014) [#2]
i think the same issue as this http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=8210

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#3]
The free version has the MinGW compiler as part of it's download. The Pro version doesn't have any compiler with it so you either have to use the MinGW that comes with the free version, download and install MinGW from the official site or use a version of Visual Studio 2010+.
Using a version of Visual Studio greater that 2010 does have it's own problems with the current Visual Studio Solution thats supplied; but they can be worked around if you know what you are doing.
One thing to note is that if you have both MinGW and Visual Studio in stalled and the configuration file points to MinGW, then Monkey will always use MinGW to compile. You can override this by including #GLFW_USE_MINGW=False in the source code.

erebel55(Posted 2014) [#4]
Thank you for the explanation :)

I installed Visual Studio 2010, Visual Studio 2010 SP1, and deleted the build folder.
Everything is working now :D