Experimental v78c now up! [MONKEY NEWS]

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Experimental v78c now up! [MONKEY NEWS]

marksibly(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi,

Experimental v78c is now up!

This fixes a few issues, including hopefully the xcode 5.1 64 bit build problems.

I've also added experimental webaudio support to html5 mojo! To enable it, you'll need to use #HTML5_WEBAUDIO_ENABLED=True. Note this still uses the 'old' audio system for music.

Updated ios admob to 6.8.0.

Fixed xcode 5.1 build issues, upgraded project format etc.

Added optional webaudio to html5 mojo - use #HTML5_WEBAUDIO_ENABLED=True to enable.

Improved winphone8 playmusic volume.

Added accelerometer support to winrt targets.

Fixed PushMatrix so it grows stack.

Fixed mserver so it doesn't lock .build folder on windows.

Modified brl.monkeystore so you can call OpenStoreAsync repeatedly until success.

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#2]
Sounds great, thanks!

therevills(Posted 2014) [#3]
Sounds great

Badum Tish! ;)

Experimental v78c is now up!

Thanks Mark!

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#4]
Added optional webaudio to html5 mojo - use #HTML5_WEBAUDIO_ENABLED=True to enable.
Anyone knows what differences, improvements or whatever this does bring? I have no idea of the status of webaudio implementation on the different browsers. Does this mean we have a more consistent audio file format support?

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#5]
Is it available only on the github? Cause I see only 78b in my account.

nikoniko(Posted 2014) [#6]
MikeHart wrote:
Cause I see only 78b in my account.

I have done so :
Open page in FF, click right mouse button to call "Inspect element" on Experimental version, edit option value (see, screenshot change MonkeyPro78b.zip to MonkeyPro78c.zip), click download button to get latest version on hard disk.

EDIT: I removed screenshot because I am not sure it is right to show to all users on public forum.

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#7]
I have done so :
Open page in FF, click right mouse button to call "Inspect element" on Experimental version, edit option value (see, screenshot change MonkeyPro78b.zip to MonkeyPro78c.zip), click download button to get latest version on hard disk.

I would do so but I get only v78b to choose from.

dragon(Posted 2014) [#8]
Mark, any chance to add Vibrate-support?
I mailed you the codes...

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#9]
Hah! I was just about to post a webaudio code - just needed to implement setrate and setpan, and it was done (of course, I want it to 'fall-back' into normal html5 audio when webaudio isn't available (ex:in IE10).

For those who don't know the difference, webaudio is important on mobile, it's the only way to play more than 1 sound simultaneously - but you still need at least 1 "user interaction" to be able to do so (again, on mobile).

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#10]
@nikoniko: Thanks for the tip. Got it now :-)

golomp(Posted 2014) [#11]
Thank you a lot Mark !
With all the evolutions you made in Monkey, it's really a pleasure to program with.
(maybe a debug functionnality wish could memorise a value containing wich line number is executed
could sometime improve my efficiency to find some loop locking i make by mistake.
Well, there is still the possibility to memorize procedure block with a simple variable initialisation
but a line number could give a very much more accurate indication)

Sensei(Posted 2014) [#12]
Mark,

Any plans for Monkey X to support Xbox One and PS4 at some point, since they're more indie-friendly now?

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#13]
Mark: I asked this before and got no answer. So I ask this again a last time:

This version still produces the fricking "cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-dangling-else" error when you compile StdCPP on OSX. What is the minimum configuration for compiling STDCPP targets on OSX? I run 10.8.5 and XCode 5.1.