Advertising

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Advertising

erebel55(Posted 2014) [#1]
I've been searching through the forum and reading a lot of different threads on in game advertisements.

I plan on releasing for ios, android, and windows phone.

So far, I have seen the following advertisement providers mentioned

- Admob
- MochiMedia
- Chartboost
- Revmob
- Tabjoy
- Flurry
- Geosophic
- Pubcenter

I think it would be beneficial to have a master list of these providers and some feedback on which you have the most success with.

Also, it would be great to have instructions for integrating with Monkey.

There needs to be a sticky for this all, please.

Thank you!

erebel55(Posted 2014) [#2]
Anyone want to take this on?

Xaron(Posted 2014) [#3]
I have only experiences with Admob which are fairly good. It's available for all 3 platforms you mentioned and works flawless with Monkey. iOS and Android work out of the box and WP8 is easy to add!

edit: Mochi is dead I guess, Pubcenter as well. Revmob isn't worth it anymore, I've it in one of my apps but well... not that good anymore. This was better a year ago, much much better!

erebel55(Posted 2014) [#4]
Thanks for the input :) What about Chartboost, I see we have a module for that. Any experience with it?

Xaron(Posted 2014) [#5]
Not me but I've heard positive things about chartboost. Atm I just want to keep it easy and the Admob revenue is pretty good.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#6]
only used admob which is easy to setup use and implement, which gave me no reason to look at the others.

zoqfotpik(Posted 2014) [#7]
Is there a document for setting up Admob?

Snader(Posted 2014) [#8]
The Admob Interstitial is the way to go. See the module Therevills made over here:

http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=8002&page=1

For regular admob, you can find an example and informatioin in the documentation:

YOURMONKEYDIR/docs/html/Modules_brl.admob_Admob.html

zoqfotpik(Posted 2014) [#9]
What do we use for IOS? Didn't they do away with Admob?

Xaron(Posted 2014) [#10]
Admob works on Android, iOS and Windows Phone 8.

rIKmAN(Posted 2014) [#11]
I've just setup an AdMob account for a game I'm releasing this coming week on iOS.

Is it really as simple to setup as it seems?
I added the 3 free networks (AdMob, AdMob Floor beta and iAds), left everything at default settings and it just worked.

Anyone got any tips on what I should be doing setup-wise to maximise revenue?
Any preferential Networks I should add, or settings I should use?

I was gonna look at adding the interstitials on iOS for Monkey but I think it's easier to just add the native code in the XCode project, as I have no experience of writing modules/glue code etc.

erebel55(Posted 2014) [#12]
It would be amazing if you could create a monkey module, as I would like to add the Interstitials on ios as well