Experimental v78b now up! [MONKEY NEWS]

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Experimental v78b now up! [MONKEY NEWS]

marksibly(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi,

Just in the process of uploading v78b - should be up by the time you read this.

The main tweak is smarter updating of app data. Monkey used to rebuild the target project's 'data' dir from scratch everytime you rebuilt. This could be a slow process with projects with lots of data. Now, Monkey checks filetime/filesize before copying data files, so if you don't modify a data file, it wont be recopied when you rebuild the project.

I haven't tested this all that thoroughly, mainly because I don't have any complex projects to test with. It's worked fine with all the bananas I've thrown at it so far, but have a thrash and let me know if you have any problems.

Project data no longer copied to target project every build - filetime now used to conditionally update data files.

Fixed missing fields from java BBDisplayMode class implementation that was causing reflection confusion.

Xaron(Posted 2014) [#2]
Nice! Thanks for that!

dopeyrulz(Posted 2014) [#3]
Nice!

mjcamerer(Posted 2014) [#4]
This is great! Thank you!

Raz(Posted 2014) [#5]
Xna builds were always reasonably quick but now it's flying thanks :)

golomp(Posted 2014) [#6]
Thank you Mark !

I was testing the previous experimental version (0.78a) and sometime my icons (compilation, etc...) became grey (disabled).

I am going to test if i meet the same issue with this new version. I probably do something wrong.
(I recently touched my Eclipse software and updates and there is probably an impact)

Concerning the possibilities offered with all these last version, well, it's like a sensation of infinity.

Great work.

Bravo Mark !

zoqfotpik(Posted 2014) [#7]
Thanks for the quick turnaround.

Grey Alien(Posted 2014) [#8]
This is really great news Mark! Many thanks. I'm glad I brought it up again.

golomp(Posted 2014) [#9]
Concerning my previous issue, when i use the "Build" icon, the compilation script try to send the result to an emulator :
install:
     [echo] Installing I:\MyMonkey\Test\Test.buildv77f\android\bin\MonkeyGame-debug.apk onto default emulator or device...

The only issue i found is to click on the Kill button