AUDIO ERROR1! oddness.

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/AUDIO ERROR1! oddness.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#1]
Right, this is intermittent, and the really odd thing is that I as far as I can tell am not actually missing any noises, they all seem to be playing so I am a little unsure why its throwing an error at all.

Anyone know of a way to track this to its source, error 1 is a bit vague lol.

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#2]
My guess you get this under HTML5, or?

Looks like Monkey could not provide a free channel. Are you playing maybe to many sounds at once?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#3]
It could be that but I dont think so iv seen it in the log when a single sound plays .. very odd. I will check tho just in case.

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#4]
Or maybe the sound format/file is not correct.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#5]
Wouldn't that prevent the sound from playing tho ? as I said I really don't think I am missing any sounds in terms of what the game plays when events happen, its not like my little ball isnt making a bounce or impact noise when it should, which is making it all the harder to track it down.

I did do a profile with chrome dev tools and noticed on one occasion one of my music files failed to get loaded but then other times its fine. its really odd, I also noticed a file format error as you suggested again chrome dev tools pointed it out but their all 22050 mp3's /ogg's wav's so as far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with the file formats.

I wonder if this is an issue with chrome rather than my code.

rIKmAN(Posted 2014) [#6]
Test it across a few different browsers...

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#7]
Yeah I will do.

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#8]
Maybe you're going over the number of channels allowed? Then the sound would not play when the error was given - but if you're playing below the audio channels threshold you would hear it.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#9]
I wonder if perhaps I have a play trapped inside a loop some where and while it sounds like a single play to the ear the code might be blitzing the channels , thats another thing I will check.

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#10]
Paul have you seen this article on Gamasutra?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#11]
Think I recall reading that a while back, normally chrome is fine and I tend not to have to many issue with it, I mean this is all kinda daft anyway given that all sounds are playing its not a game breaking thing its just irritating me that I don't know what's causing it, still not had a chance to test it on other browsers, i'v been working on the game design and got into a nice groove I don't want to mess with..

when I get round to testing I will post tho.