Experimental v78a now up! [MONKEY NEWS]

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Experimental v78a now up! [MONKEY NEWS]

marksibly(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi,

Experimental Monkey X v78a is now up, mainly just a few bugfixes...

Fixed databuffer.LoadAsync private BBThread problem.

Kludged around some weird winphone8 media engine issues.

Added blind fix for glfw openal running out of source.

Fixed iOS touch event issue involving missing touch end/cancel events.

golomp(Posted 2014) [#2]
Thank you Mark !

Nobuyuki(Posted 2014) [#3]
Thanks! I'll give it a test soon...

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#4]
Is the "Dangling else if" problem fixed or are we forced to upgrade to 10.9 on OSX?

Grey Alien(Posted 2014) [#5]
Fixed iOS touch event issue involving missing touch end/cancel events.
Might this have any bearing on the input lag issue I was getting on iPhone 4? http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=7979

DruggedBunny(Posted 2014) [#6]
Hi Mark,

I was hoping to get this cool Blitz3D-compatible DX9 DLL working in Monkey, but the need to interface with DLLs via C/C++ has defeated me. Is there any chance that the 'os' module might be able to support LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress-style DLL access on the desktop platforms at some point?

(Failing that, anyone able to provide a simple plain-C wrapper example for accessing a function from a DLL?!)

dragon(Posted 2014) [#7]
Mark, you should search all files for "win8" TARGET - it still exist in many codes

>>>Since I'm breaking win8 stuff, renamed "win8" target/builder to "winrt" - ie: #If TARGET="winrt" for win8/winphone8 apps now. Also renamed a bunch of *win8* files to winrt.

marksibly(Posted 2014) [#8]
> Mark, you should search all files for "win8" TARGET - it still exist in many codes

Hmm...could only find one instance of "win8" in *.monkey files - in a filesystem example.