Experimental v77e now up! [MONKEY NEWS]

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Experimental v77e now up! [MONKEY NEWS]

marksibly(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hi,

Monkey X Pro v77e is now up!

This release features IAP for winphone8 via the brl.monkeystore module. To set this up for testing, you'll need to create/submit a 'beta app' at the winphone8 devcenter, which involves more or less the same procedure as creating a real app. Once you've done that, make sure to set your app's 'product id' to it's devcenter id and you should be good to go for rebuilding/testing etc.

One wrinkle: if you're debugging an app and cancel a purchase - or some other 'exception' occurs - you'll get a 'first chance exception' dialog in MSVSE. Just hit continue to restart your app. This wont (shouldn't?) affect real apps - if you run the app without debugging it also fixes this. There's probably a way to turn this off in MSVSE too...

I had a quick look at admob, and while it's easy enough to get an ad going simply by referencing a lib and tweaking the app's xaml (https://developers.google.com/mobile-ads-sdk/) it's gonna take a while longer to get programmatic show/hide/layout behaviour going. Will return to this at a later date.

***** v77e *****

Fixed winrt audio discard bug.

***** v77d *****

Fixed glfw SetSwapInterval bug.

Added fallback for missing requestAnimationFrame on html5 with update rate 0.

Added setAllowsCellularAccess:YES to ios httprequest.

Added info-plist entry to disable status bar on ios7.0.

Fixed httprequest so newlines aren't inserted.

Fixed app.SaveState bug.

Added winrt monkeystore for Windows Phone 8.0.

.build folders now/at last tagged with version info taken from THIS file, eg: bouncyaliens.buildv77d

monkeyteets(Posted 2014) [#2]
Aww yeaa :D great to see new payment forms being added to monkeystore!

Thanks Mark!

Xaron(Posted 2014) [#3]
Thanks Mark, that's awesome!

Soap(Posted 2014) [#4]
Thank you for updates!

Leginus(Posted 2014) [#5]
Excellent work again :)

Supertino(Posted 2014) [#6]
nice nice, my work is soon to roll out windows phones so I'll be able to take advantage of that.

Just need Google play services added now so I can implement cloud leader-boards and save /nudge /wink /poke

Sub_Zero(Posted 2014) [#7]
Nice, now I can soon deploy my game on win phone 8

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#8]
Thanks Mark!

slenkar(Posted 2014) [#9]
.build folders now/at last tagged with version info taken from THIS file, eg: bouncyaliens.buildv77d

good idea

SLotman(Posted 2014) [#10]
it's gonna take a while longer to get programmatic show/hide/layout behaviour going. Will return to this at a later date.

I've been thinking about this myself for a while - the only option I could think for the current code structure was to probably pass an reference to the adview from the XAML/C# project to the C++ project - and then deal with showing/hiding the adview in there (or maybe the other way around, having a flag in the C++ code checked by the C# one... but I think I ruled out this, because there is no 'loop' going on on C# side of things)

I've tried implementing it, but failed mostly because I didn't have enough time to do it properly, and don't have enough understanding of Monkey's internal structure.

Also, I've seen some topics on the subject - apparently there is a way to create the adview directly in c++ - but the little information I found was nowhere near something useful :(

marksibly(Posted 2014) [#11]
Just updated to v77e with a fix for winrt audio problems - Sound.Discard was getting confused.

Amon(Posted 2014) [#12]
Ta! Good stuff here.

Xaron(Posted 2014) [#13]
Thanks Mark for the fix! :)

Xaron(Posted 2014) [#14]
Oh well, so far so good, BUT

Where are the targets for Windows 8 and WP8? They are not included in 77e anymore. :D