Isometric engine

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Isometric engine

DiabloV(Posted 2014) [#1]
Heelo All.

I am looking for a trick to make a 3d isometric engine with playnax ignition.

Anyone know if it already exists?

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2014) [#2]
I don't think anything like that exists (and I think you mean 2.5D). However, with a bit of research and work it's more than possible to implement an isometric engine (without Ignition). I did this with Monkey back in 2012: http://nrgs.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/MonkeyGame.swf

DiabloV(Posted 2014) [#3]
Yes its 2.5D, but since I bought ignition in order to have everything ready a motor, I'm a little disappointed that it is not included.

therevills(Posted 2014) [#4]
If Ignition can load in Tiled maps then it should be able to display the isometric maps (Diddy can, but you still need to do your own collisions).

Playniax(Posted 2014) [#5]
Ignition only supports orthogonal tile maps for now.
The Ignition layer system can be used to add any type of 2D rendering that Ignition not supports right now so in case of Isometric tile maps you would have to write that part yourself or use another 3rd party module.
This way you keep all the beneficial features of Ignition.
Working with Ignition doesn’t exclude writing your own code or working with extra 3rd party modules :)

chimaera(Posted 2014) [#6]
Diablo, What exactly are you looking for when it comes to isometric perspective. Is it about transforming a standard 2D grid into a isometric rendered perspective? I am messing around with a isometric game right now, but I not using any 3rd party engine. Once you get your head around it is quite easy do implement it your self. If you want some guidelines let me know.