Experimental v77b now up! [MONKEY NEWS]

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Experimental v77b now up! [MONKEY NEWS]

marksibly(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi,

Experimental v77b is now available - v77a sort of got lost in the site upgrade!

Added fix for c++ String.ToLower/ToUpper and unicode.

Ted now reads version info from VERSIONS.TXT for about dialog - NOTE TO SELF! DON'T CHANGE FORMAT OF VERSION HEADER!!!! ie: ***** vBLAH *****

Had a stab at fixing android softkeyboard predictive text bug.

glfw xcode project now builds main.mm instead of main.cpp so you can use objective C in glfw projects.

Fixed transcc html5 builder makemeta bug where width/height were swapped for jpgs!

Added 'Open in Help View' to Ted.

Improved handling of non-gc memory allocation.

Added -Wno-free-nonheap-object to glfw mingw ccopts for less warnings.

Fixed winrt alpha bug.

Playniax(Posted 2013) [#2]
Added -Wno-free-nonheap-object to glfw mingw ccopts for less warnings
glfw xcode project now builds main.mm instead of main.cpp so you can use objective C in glfw projects

:)

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#3]
Nice, thanks Mark and Merry Christmas! :)

Any plans for WP8 in app purchases and Admob? :)

Amon(Posted 2013) [#4]
Thanks, Mark. Happy Crimbo to you and all Monkites... :)

APC(Posted 2013) [#5]
Hello Mark,

Happy Holidays!!!!

I just downloaded Experimental 77b, I am trying to upgrade from MonkeyPro63b, this is the version I purchased,
when I try to compile and Run on of my Monkey projects in HTML5 it gives me this run time error:

Monkey Run Time Error: TypeError: Cannot call method
"SetDelegate" of undefined.

I tried other version such as MonkeyPro69, 72b and 75d, they all give me the same error.

I tried on both my computers Running Windows 7 and OS X 10.9 (Maverics)

I am missing a configuration? on The IDE Properties the Monkey Tool path is pointing to the correct directory.

Amon(Posted 2013) [#6]
Did you delete your build folder?

Have you made sure that the config for windows has been set in your Monkey/Bin folder?

Make sure you are not installing over another copy.

APC(Posted 2013) [#7]
Amon,

Thank you..Deleting the build folder solved the problem.
I am quite new to Monkey and I am porting my apps over from GLBasic

I have another question. How do I Set and Get the Device orientation?

Grey Alien(Posted 2013) [#8]
I see so many posts about deleting the build folder and I often get caught out with that myself. Is there any merit in tagging the build folder with a Monkey version number in a text file or something and if it's out of date then deleting it? Or would that destroy some people's custom mods to their build folders? (I'm guessing some people might do that) Maybe if just the files that typically go kaput were overwritten it would work? Or TED could say "looks like your build folder is out of date, purge?"

Amon(Posted 2013) [#9]
@APC

http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=1943

The above links to a 2 year old thread but the implementation may still be valid.

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#10]
Something wrong here: GLFW target disappeared, and my "custom GLFW" gives me
"cc1.exe: error: unrecognized command line option "-Wno-free-nonheap-object"
mingw32-make: *** [../glfw/lib/enable.o] Error 1"

Edit 1:I see GLFW changed into "Desktop", but I get the same error - even on c++ tool.

Edit 2: Installed MonkeyX, copied MingW to Monkey77b, changed my custom GLFW target to not have 'gc_force_sweep', but that memory thing... seems to be working so far.

Edit 3: Why on Earth GLFW still using stb image 1.29, when latest version is 1.33 (from 2011??)

Evil Roy Ferguson(Posted 2014) [#11]
ED: Never mind, I am just daft. It's in a different place and I'm apparently senile and unable to handle change.

Where can we download these updates after the site update? Maybe I'm dense, but I cannot find them. :( There's an option to buy Monkey Pro, but I can't find anywhere to download it if we've already bought it.

DruggedBunny(Posted 2014) [#12]
Evil Roy: Go to the top-right, click your username and hit Product Updates.

Difference(Posted 2014) [#13]

v77b gives the "unrecognized config var" message above but seems to compile for android ok on maverick with the ANT_PATH set.

golomp(Posted 2014) [#14]
Thank you Mark ! Happy new year !

Congratulation for the new appearence.

Some Module Registry links section leads on nothing or deleted sites.

Regards,
Golomp

EdzUp(Posted 2014) [#15]
Would it be possible to have 'Recompile' in the ide this deletes the build folder and compiles, or seeing as it seems to compile it all again anyways just delete the build folder when it compiles this would sort a lot of confusion on the forums with the build folder.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#16]
I think there are a few issues with this, first of all people like to edit their html and forcing a delete would mean having to edit these files over and over, I think a better oition might be to give us an additional build option call it clean build, that builds your app but deletes any old build data first, that way its easy for people to select the option they need without it really bothering anyone.

The other issue is that other than essential's the IDE seems to never get any updates, not sure what the contract or deal is but I think its only ever going to be a bare bones bare minimum get the job done kinda thing, so getting something as seemingly simply as an additional build option might take an age :/