64-bit Monkey Awesomeness

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/64-bit Monkey Awesomeness

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#1]
As I was tinkering with wxMonkey, I decided to see if I could build it Win 64-bit.

downloaded tdc-mingw64, wxwidgets 3.0.0 dev libs (premade dlls), adjusted monkey/bin/config.winnt.txt to use mingw64 and set my wx build to use openal64. this is all out-of-the-box monkey (v76d) using c++ tool, no re-compiling trans.

sure enough, works! Win8 task manager has no "32bit" after it.
cool. monkey is awesome.

John Galt(Posted 2013) [#2]
Very cool Adam! Others moan about Max, you make it happen in Monkey!

I take it there's no way to add this as a target?

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#3]
I take it there's no way to add this as a target?

do you mean a generic monkey 64-bit target? we need GLFW3 first for Mojo.
if you mean the wxMonkey module, i need to test on OSX and Linux first, then i'll release the next update.

Sammy(Posted 2013) [#4]
Wow, very surprised you got this to work Adam, well done!

Monkey, yet again, is showing its amazing versatility!

John Galt(Posted 2013) [#5]
What I mean is, can you make 64bit GLFW a target as, say standard GLFW is now, without breaking the other targets and without input from Mark?

dawlane(Posted 2013) [#6]
can you make 64bit GLFW a target as, say standard GLFW is now, without breaking the other targets and without input from Mark?
It should be doable with command line bulid tools and makefile manipulation (requires modifying trans), but would be a problem with Visual Studio and xcode project files.
My last attemp at VS and xcode project file manipulation.

John Galt(Posted 2013) [#7]
Thanks for the info, Dawlane.

EdzUp(Posted 2013) [#8]
Brilliant stuff this is something that monkey needs to be competitive in todays market, on the whole monkey is a good system but its lacking in some areas that are being addressed slowly.

i do use monkey a LOT more than max now and with its versatility its good.

BRL should hire some of the coders on here :)