Windows 8 Video Modes

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Windows 8 Video Modes

Leginus(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi All
Is there currently a way to get a list of video modes on the windows 8 target like you can on GLFW (GetGlfwVideoModes)

I am wanting to provide a different asset to use with auto scaling depending on what the desktop size is, but would also like to provide the option for people to change the resolution rather than assuming they want to run the game in their current desktop resolution.

If this isn't possible, is this something that is coming to Monkey later Mark?

Cheers
Leginus

Leginus(Posted 2013) [#2]
Ok. Excuses first :)

In my very feeble defense, I had only tested my own game on windows 8 and not actually downloaded or played any others (as i use windows 7), so didn't realise that my question is a stupid one and that you don't actually have a video mode selection for games on windows 8!

Could a mod please delete this post and save me what little bit of pride I have left. Thanks

Fred(Posted 2013) [#3]
NO ! you'll be punished for that !

Actually, thanks for the info, never done a Windows 8 game yet and I didn't know that.

rIKmAN(Posted 2013) [#4]
No need to delete this thread, as Fred has shown this may come in handy for anyone else in future who has the same problem you had and searches the forum for any related info.

Nothing worse than finding a finding a thread relevant to your problem that just says "Fixed it - please delete" as that helps nobody.

Leginus(Posted 2013) [#5]
Very good point. I didn't think of that. I assumed I was the only person who didnt know :)