Experimental v76d now up! [MONKEY NEWS]

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Experimental v76d now up! [MONKEY NEWS]

marksibly(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi,

[edit]Just uploading 76d now![/edit]

MonkeyPro76d is now up - mainly just a bunch of fixes and tweaks, esp. for latest MacOS Mavericks...don't forget to delete build folder!

***** v76d *****

Fixed some ios audio issues where audio crapped out after a clock 'alarm' fired.

***** v76c *****

Fixed an import modpath bug.

Added #CC_LIBS app config var for stdcpp target.

***** v76b *****

Fixed ios issue where app didn't appear on latest simulator.

Added keypad support to glfw and KEY_NUM0 etc to keycodes.monkey and docs.

#GLFW_USE_MINGW now defaults to True.

Added #include <pthread.h> to macos glfw target for Mavericks.

Minimized some compiler warnings on macos glfw/stdcpp targets (only for monkey translated code - stb/glfw still generate some warnings but these are only built 'first time').

Fixed DataBuffer PokeString bug.

Fixed Image.Discard not discarding image immediately with some multiframe images.

Added MacOS support for ANT_PATH to transcc for Mavericks - defaults to "${HOME}/apache-ant-1.9.2" in config.macos.txt

Fixed Ted/Qt/Mavericks issue ala: http://successfulsoftware.net/2013/10/23/fixing-qt-4-for-mac-os-x-10-9-mavericks/

Turned on bitmap smoothing for main 'drawing surface' bitmap in flash mojo.graphics if MOJO_IMAGE_FILTERING_ENABLED is True.

Removed GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT from glClear in android mojo.graphics.

Tweaked winrt_win8 target for windows 8.1

Moved html5 onclick/oncontextmenu handlers from html to js - added canvas.focus() to onclick/ontouchstart handlers.

Fixed some modpath/reflection issues with files 'above' module dirs. I hope.

Added MODPATH builtin containing module path of current module, mainly for use with RELFECTION_FILTER - probably not the best name...

Added pthread support to linux stdcpp builder.

Fixed some more brl.json bugs.

Transcc 'makemeta' code for html5 builder converted from cpp->monkey.

Fixed html5/flash async image/sound loader bugs.

Sammy(Posted 2013) [#2]
Thanks for the update Mark. :)

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#3]
no CC_LIBS? :(
https://github.com/blitz-research/monkey/issues/38

marksibly(Posted 2013) [#4]
Forgot, will do it soon.

In the meantime, CC_OPTS might work if you prefix lib with -l...

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#5]
In the meantime, CC_OPTS might work if you prefix lib with -l...

it's the DLL's i'm after, so in GCC it needs to go after the -o. this would allow wxWidgets as DLL/Sharedlibs (and possibly Qt, if someone so chooses).

as Monkey matures, it's great to have these options for advanced developers! thanks!

Snader(Posted 2013) [#6]
Thanks Mark!

Difference(Posted 2013) [#7]
Nice but, what about:

iOS External events killing sound:
http://monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=6016

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#8]
Thanks. Are Google Play Services anywhere close on your dev schedule?

vmakar85(Posted 2013) [#9]
Thanks for the update Mark!!!!

Arabia(Posted 2013) [#10]
Thanks. Are Google Play Services anywhere close on your dev schedule?

I'm a bit off publishing stuff, but I second this - Google Play Services would be great

...and at the risk of being unpopular, I personally wouldn't mind chucking in a few extra bucks as these things are added. Granted I haven't really searched around for programming languages that cross compile to so many platforms, but Monkey really is a steal at it's current price - few more bucks won't hurt me :)

Tristan(Posted 2013) [#11]
This update fixed android deployments for me, however iOS simulator deployments still do not work, the app does not install when the simulator is launched. Otherwise, a great update!

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#12]
Please, please add #TARGET_NAME in the next release? Pretty please??? :)

rebelas(Posted 2013) [#13]
Thanks!

marksibly(Posted 2013) [#14]
> iOS simulator deployments still do not work,

Weird, that's supposed to be fixed - can you try v67c?

marksibly(Posted 2013) [#15]
> iOS External events killing sound:

Ok, had a quick look at this and your solution doesn't seem to handle music - ie: it stays paused.

Will have a closer look tomorrow, stay tuned for v76d!

Difference(Posted 2013) [#16]
Ok, had a quick look at this and your solution doesn't seem to handle music - ie: it stays paused.
Will have a closer look tomorrow, stay tuned for v76d!

Great!
looking forward to testing (will test on 4th gen iPod Touch, iPhone 4 and iPad 1)

qwerty(Posted 2013) [#17]
Hi Mark

Is it possible to add release state for keys, joy, mouse and touch? I mean functions KeyUp, JoyUp, MouseUp, TouchUp.

Tristan(Posted 2013) [#18]
Hey Mark,

Tried 76c, same problem, just doesn't deploy to simulator unless I open the xcode project directly.

Let me know if theres any info you need to help debug it. Not a high priority though.

DruggedBunny(Posted 2013) [#19]
@qwerty: that's effectively what KeyHit, JoyHit, MouseHit and TouchHit do.

marksibly(Posted 2013) [#20]
> Tried 76c, same problem, just doesn't deploy to simulator unless I open the xcode project directly.

Does it appear on the simulator? You usually have to scroll over one page to find it...

Are you using latest xcode/simulator?

Anyone else having problems (or not) using simulator?

Can you try this from command line:

ls "$HOME/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator"

If there's a 7.03 dir, try...

ls "$HOME/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/7.0.3/Applications"

qwerty(Posted 2013) [#21]
@DruggedBunny:
Yeah, I know, but for some gameplay reasons I need to assign several actions to one button. I think I can do that with tricky IF checking, but it would be easier if these release functions are already there. For example, Unity has GetKeyUp for this.

Tristan(Posted 2013) [#22]
Hi Mark,

Yes theres a directory (As well as a 64 bit directory), yes there appears to be stuff in it. The emulator that launches by default is 64 bit, would that cause any issues? And no it does not show up on the home screen pages at all.

marksibly(Posted 2013) [#23]
> The emulator that launches by default is 64 bit, would that cause any issues?

Yes it would - please try non-64 bit (see Hardware->Device menu)...

Leginus(Posted 2013) [#24]
Thanks Mark!

Highly appreciated as always.

Difference(Posted 2013) [#25]
Fixed some ios audio issues where audio crapped out after a clock 'alarm' fired.

Fix confirmed. Thanks! :-)

PS: The problem on my test devices was for all external events, eg. incomming calls, alarms etc.

Grey Alien(Posted 2013) [#26]
Building...
'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'make CCOPTS="" OUT="Debug/MonkeyGame"', return code=1

OK I'm guessing I'm being dumb here but I can't find the answer on the forums:

- If I delete build folder and compile GLFW on PC in MonkeyPro75d my game runs fine.
- If I delete build folder and compile GLFW on PC in MonkeyPro76d I get the error above.

Was something fundamental missing or changed? Do I need to do something special when I use experimental versions? Thx.

[EDIT] OK Believe I have solved this by using: #GLFW_USE_MINGW=False at the top of my source. Evidently the default changed to True between versions 75 and 76.

EdzUp(Posted 2013) [#27]
IM having the same problem with using MingW 4.7.1 it commpiles but i get the same error at the end, i do think there needs to be some configuration tool or something so we can take settings from old configs and use them with the new versions released.

i might actually fire up max and make one lol :)