Weird problem, drivers?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Weird problem, drivers?

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2013) [#1]
This isn't a Monkey problem, but it seems very weird and I wondered if anyone has ever seen anything like it...

Using Monkey 75 on Windows today. I was testing a program on HTML5, release mode. It worked fine, then suddenly the browser window when white. Recompiled, same thing. Recompiled in debug, and it gave a runtime error at app.monkey line 33, 'object error' - that seems to be where the graphics device is constructed.

[Edit: the Flash turns out to be a separate issue, apparently V67 of Diddy kicks in recent Monkey versions. So it's purely a HTML issue. I guess that suggests a driver problem, probably to do with graphics rather than audio. Maybe I'll try mucking with the graphics device constructor until I find out what is failing. It's not IE either, because I switched to Chrome and the problem is unchanged.]

I tried compiling with Flash. Flash refused to compile, giving the error:
Loading configuration file C:\DevPacks\FlexSDK\frameworks\flex-config.xml
C:\Dev\MonkeyPro75\current\layers\layersapp.build\flash\MonkeyGame.as

(1682): col: 60 Error: Implicit coercion of a value of type Boolean to an
 unrelated type int.

chan.channel = chan.sample.sound.play 
(timeMillis, chan.loops, chan.transform);                                                       ^

I tracked it down to diddy.externfunctions.SeekMusic(). When I removed that, it compiled and ran okay in Flash.

This (both html and flash) happens with several recent versions of Monkey, each in their own directory, so it's not file corruption anywhere in Monkey or any module, and how could an issue arise simultaneously with Flash and HTML? GLFW works okay. I tried with several other programs, including some bananas - same thing.

I should note I've been compiling regularly into html and flash, so it's not some long-running issue I just discovered.

Rebooted, obviously - no change.

I'm baffled. I can see how a music driver is the obvious suspect... mojo probably loads all sorts of stuff when it creates a graphic driver - but Control Panel tells me my drivers are okay, and everything works on my PC - games, music, audio. And how in heaven's name could a driver cause a *compile* error in Flash?

So, casting about for ideas here!