Type lists help needed...

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Type lists help needed...

necky(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi Everyone!

I've been trying to figure this out but for some reason I just can't seem to find any documentation on how its done so I'm hoping some awesome chap/chapette that can help me out :)

What I want to do is create an undefinable amount of objects (particles for this example) that I can then draw to the screen. So what I'm trying to do is to create a new class when I want to and then just go through the list of these particles at draw time.

In Blitz you just create a new type and then run through the list of those created types with a simple 'for' loop. How would I do something similar in Monkey?

I've added my code for this so far. As you can see I've set up the class and that's about it :)

All the best!

Mike

'CODE STARTS HERE '

Import mojo
Import mojo.app
Import mojo.graphics

Class MyApp Extends App

Method OnCreate:Int()
SetUpdateRate 60
End

Method OnUpdate()

End

Method OnRender()

End

End

Function Main()
New MyApp
End

' PLAYER CLASS '

Class Particle

Field posX:Int
Field posY:Int

Method Draw:Void(positionX:Int, positionY:Int)

posX=positionX
posY=positionY

DrawPoint (PosX,posY)

End

End

dawlane(Posted 2013) [#2]
You should view InvaderJim's tutorials.

The method below uses a static variable (Global) to hold a list of particles and some static functions to create, update and draw all the particles.

But there is nothing to stop you from creating a member variable (Field) in a class as a particle list and using Methods in stead of functions to create particles.

necky(Posted 2013) [#3]
Hi!

This is fantastic!! :D Thank you so much for such super feedback! :D

all the best!
Mike