FontMachine, and some questions

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/FontMachine, and some questions

Vinians(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hello guys ! It's me again, sorry :)
So, I bought Jungle IDE (very good IDE!) and then downloaded fontmachine module and put it in the correct module folder.
My questions are:

-When installing a new module, some modules has a folder called .doc. But does this documentation is added in the main monkey doc or I need to move to that folder and open that html by myself? I was wondering if that doc were appended to the main monkey doc?
-Some modules has a folder called sample, or sample programs etc, these folder stays in the module folder or we need to copy them to another place?
Thanks in advance!

rIKmAN(Posted 2013) [#2]
I'm not sure about the documentation question, but for the "samples" folder question - once the module is installed into the 'modules' directory then the programs in the sample folder will work from anywhere, so it is up to your preference as to whether you leave them where they are or move them elsewhere.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#3]
best to leave them there, that way you know that samples of a module will tend to be in that modules folder, these samples will not be included when you use the module if that's what your worried about.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#4]
Don't move the .doc folder. That's the location used by Jungle Ide to look for third party modules documentation. Also, the samples can stay there so they are properly updated when the module get an update.

If you leave everything as it is, Jungle Ide will automatically detect any FontMachine module update and will give you the option to automatically update it.

Arabia(Posted 2013) [#5]
Didn't want to start a new topic, so I thought I'd post this question here.

I'm loading fonts as per the examples, but I'm not actually using them in my code yet.

Occasionally (maybe every 20 or 30 runs) I get an error: FONT basicsmallfont/basicsmallfont.txt WAS NOT FOUND!!!

Not a worry at the moment testing on HTML, just wondering why this would happen only sometimes and I'm also guessing that if this error occurs under Android that it will crash the App?

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#6]
That means that you're not properly importing the txt file.
If you delete the MONKEY.CONFIG file in your bouild target fodler, it may solve it. Also, deleting the build folder could fix it too. This is a side effect of some changes between Monkey versions.

Arabia(Posted 2013) [#7]
Thanks Ziggy I'll give that a go. I probably should also update my Monkey version too, haven't updated it since I first got it (.70g), not sure if that may be a problem.