What API does the html5 target use?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/What API does the html5 target use?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#1]
quick question.. waht API if any does our html5 target use ?

If its something proprietary from BRL then whats it called ?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#2]
Would I be right in that it uses the GTK api ?, just having a little troll through the native target files...

programmer(Posted 2013) [#3]
HTML5 target uses Canvas for drawing, LocalStorage for SaveState/LoadState and Audio for sounds. That's all.

dawlane(Posted 2013) [#4]
The Monkey HTML5 native target code is actually Java script which in turn needs a HTML script written in the version 5 specification to work.
Now I'm no java or DOM guru, but the gtk stuff in the native java script code in the modules to me looks just like a class name, probably just wrapper to bind it with monkey module source files. The real work is done by the web browser which has to support the HTML5 specs.
For the HTML5 stuff you should read the wikki which explains it better than I could.

Edit: As to the question of it being proprietary and what it is called, then the answer is... Yes it's by BRL and it's called Monkey ;-)

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#5]
if you're referring to the stuff that's prefixed 'gxtk', most of that stuff appears to be vestigial leftovers from one of Mark's earlier projects, Game Developers ToolKit

Jesse(Posted 2013) [#6]
Java script <> Javascript!

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#7]
yeah I dunno lol, not thinking clearly have a cracking head cold and when my brains not throbbing I think the rooms spinning.

roll on early winter flu.