Importing from parent folder

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Importing from parent folder

black_mage(Posted 2013) [#1]
Is it possible to import a file that is located in a subfolder of the parent folder?

I have my project set out like this currently

Solution Root-> Model
-> Controller

My main file is in the Controller directory, but I wish to use a file I have created which is located in the Model directory. Is this possible?

black_mage(Posted 2013) [#2]
I think I have come up with a workaround for this issue. Is there any way to get Jungle IDE to stop showing red squigglies when the import is valid, but jungle can't figure it out, and for the use of the Strict keyword in files that don't need a Main method?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#3]
Let Ziggy know about it, give him details of what your doing, why its valid and what its doing wrong, he will probably fix it.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#4]
@black_mage: If you're working in a multiple file project, the best way to let Jungle work properly is by making a solution for the project. Otherwise Jungle will considere all files stand-alone and will report missing Main functions, etc. If you don't want to work like this, you can then disable the background compiler, so it stops showing you compilation errors if they annoy you

black_mage(Posted 2013) [#5]
I'm working in a multi project solution, and the entry point for each project in that solution gets the error.

Link to picture of error

black_mage(Posted 2013) [#6]
I don't think I should be separating my solution into separate projects for different components of my application. I am from a VS background and I don't think this is the way things were intended to be done in Jungle.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#7]
You should not do it like this on Monkey, as there are no compilation clusters (ala Visual Studio) where you can make a DLL for each project. You'll get rid of all it by joining all them on a single project.

black_mage(Posted 2013) [#8]
Ok cool. Will do this from now on :D