Config.monkey

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Config.monkey

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#1]
Quick one..

I have actually started using the config file, probably because I am working with Android more than I was before, but one thing is bothering me, when I need to delete the build folder I lose my config file and have to redo it again.

I guess its not a massive issue, but I was just wondering if there is any drawbacks in simply creating a new file called config.monkey and moving all comfig #settings into that, at least that way I dont lose my configs when I delete the build folder, and I can I guess use the #IF Target condition to select out the config's for each target I want..

or am I just being a mental and should just use the default config file.

muddy_shoes(Posted 2013) [#2]
I just put my config settings at the top of my main.monkey.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#3]
yeah thats essentially what im talking about, although shoving it into a file of its own just to keep it neat and out my way until i need it.

stuff it, im just gone do what I said above, unless some one comes in and explains to me why its a bad idea:)

thanks muddy.

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2013) [#4]
Just means you need to hit PageDown a few times before you get to your initialising variables.. No biggy! My whole framework's one giant sprawling mass of craziness, so dumping Mojo Parameters at the top doesn't make things any less bad!!

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#5]
I'm a bit of a freak I like to split things up into their own little file, so I can look at a glance and see what something is, or at least know what to expect when I open the file.

A lot of that I suspect comes from me being Dyslexic tho, I can handle the data better if I digest it in smaller chunks, if I had to work with a single source file I think my brain would melt, so for me just slapping it at the top of a file that I would be working in would be annoying.

It's funny tho you just reminded me of a guy I used to code with on Blitz3D projects and when ever we split the work up he always sent it back to me all in a massive single file, it was like he was allergic to having more than one file open at a time. :)