Jump IDE - mac & win monkey ide {UPDATE 2.7}

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Jump IDE - mac & win monkey ide {UPDATE 2.7}

Zurrr(Posted 2013) [#1]
JumpIDE - Win and Mac Monkey IDE
You can download at here: http://nvgamepad.com

Continue from topic: http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=5361

Features:
-Syntax highlighting & themes
-Custom folding
-Custom & Procedure browser
-Search/replace
-Bookmark
-Inline auto-complete
-Multiple layout

Zurrr(Posted 2013) [#2]
JumpIDE ver: 2.0 now available for MAC!!

To make both Win and Mac works exactly the same, I remove/add several features that make JumpIDE now a totally new product.

visit http://nvgamepad.com

or direct download at here!

If you found any bug, please let me know.

Thanks.

FelipeA(Posted 2013) [#3]
Great!! more mac IDE! thanks for this.
The buy button is not working

Got this error on OS X 10.8.4:

You can’t open the application “JumpIDEdemo” because the Classic environment is no longer supported.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#4]
quick question, why does it need to be within my monkey folder ? can you not allow it a config file so that we can tell it where the compiler is ?

Zurrr(Posted 2013) [#5]
The buy button is not working

Got this error on OS X 10.8.4:

You can’t open the application “JumpIDEdemo” because the Classic environment is no longer supported.

I fix it. Try again this time.

quick question, why does it need to be within my monkey folder ? can you not allow it a config file so that we can tell it where the compiler is ?

Well, using config, at first ask Monkey folder also great idea. But I already did this way. I think it's more easier to just copy those file into Monkey folder. If got big problem, I may change it.
I also think that sometime user move around their Monkey folder. And with so many update sometimes there are more monkey folders. So I think better like that. JumpIDE is small, which monkey version you use just copy into it.

By the way, I may change it for better later.

skape(Posted 2013) [#6]
Cool, another Mac IDE. :)

RobB(Posted 2013) [#7]
Lots of features at a reasonable price. I like it. Try the different demos and see which suits you best. They are all still improving.

grudlux(Posted 2013) [#8]
Looks good, mag :)

Zurrr(Posted 2013) [#9]

Update version 2.1

+ Add global and const to auto-complete list. So now field,global and const will be detect.
+ Auto-complete trace field,global and const with coma
+ Fix "end method", "end function", "end class" double entry
+ Add auto-complete to supply member element (after user press dot(.) its will supply related class member
+ Add auto-complete suggest type/class during var creation. When user press (:)
+ Add auto backup. When something goes wrong you can find past file in JumpIDE_setting\backup*.bkp.txt
+ Fix error on jumperlist. Sometime duplicate entry
+ Add commandline to accept parameter for auto loading files
+ Add ESC to escape autocomplete
- Remove some bugs

Thanks all for trying/purchased.
More improvement coming soon.... stay tune

RobB(Posted 2013) [#10]
How do purchasers access upgrades?

Zurrr(Posted 2013) [#11]
I send email to purchasers for their update download link. Same email when they bought it. Check your email. If you have link problem please contact me, I will resend.

ordigdug(Posted 2013) [#12]
@mag
I just purchased and noticed a bug on OSX:
The second line after a comment line is turning green causing the right hand side code window to not show correctly. I noticed if I go to the comment line and after the ' I place a space it fixes the problem.

In the example below "Class cTimer" is green

Example:
'
Class cTimer

NoOdle(Posted 2013) [#13]
Nice, I too noticed the bug ordigdug mentioned when adding remarks. It only does it when editing code, its fine on loaded files.

Is there an auto capitalisation feature?

RetroRusty(Posted 2013) [#14]
I agree with Taiphoz that the IDE should have a config file so you can run it from where ever you want.

You could even have an option to allow for multiple Monkey install paths and just select from within the IDE which one you want to use.

RobB(Posted 2013) [#15]
I have been unable to access the JumpIDE website for over 3 weeks. I am wondering if I have been blocked because I used an incorrect PayPal transaction number trying several times to upgrade. Mag kindly corrected my PayPal number, but I haven't yet received a response from him on the current website access problem. Does anyone else have any problem accessing http://www.nvgamepad.com ?

I get this error all the time only at this site:

The connection has timed out

The server at nvgamepad.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

computercoder(Posted 2013) [#16]
I was able to access the site without any issues. Perhaps your connection is having problems? Do other sites run slowly at loading? Also, try clearing your web browser's cache and try again. Sometimes that will keep you from seeing pages that otherwise work.

Zurrr(Posted 2013) [#17]

The second line after a comment line is turning green causing the right hand side code window to not show correctly. I noticed if I go to the comment line and after the ' I place a space it fixes the problem.

I notice the bug. thanks for the report. I will fix it on next release.

Is there an auto capitalisation feature?

Only monkey keyword use non case-sensitive, so I guest no for now.

@RobB
I send you another link. Check your gmail.

John Galt(Posted 2013) [#18]
Not tried this yet, but looks promising from the screenies and the price point is very competitive.

RetroRusty(Posted 2013) [#19]
@mag Any news of when you will be releasing an update to this? Have you had any more thoughts about allowing to run the IDE from anywhere?

garyk1968(Posted 2013) [#20]
I am just having a play with the demo. Perhaps its me but theres a couple of showstoppers.

First one is it doesn't seem to support working with multiple documents? If I open multiple files I have no way of viewing other files loaded.

No build facility, I normally like to just build to test rather than have to actually run something.

No auto-capitalisation? So even things like 'return' don't get capitalised which becomes a pain.

Can't always shut it down. I'm running the Mac version and going to JumpIDEDemo quit does nothing.

Cheers

Gary

Zurrr(Posted 2013) [#21]
Thank for trying JumpIDE.

First one is it doesn't seem to support working with multiple documents? If I open multiple files I have no way of viewing other files loaded.

Actually you can use side listview to chose your docs. Btw I already update to make it better. Version 2.2 support tabber for all open files

No build facility, I normally like to just build to test rather than have to actually run something.

Mmm.. will implement soon

No auto-capitalisation? So even things like 'return' don't get capitalised which becomes a pain.

Monkey func/method is case-sensitive so I think there will be no auto-capitalisation.
Later, I probably implement it on monkey keyword. But I want to focus on stability first.

Can't always shut it down. I'm running the Mac version and going to JumpIDEDemo quit does nothing.

It not happen here but try 2.2, I hope resolve.

Zurrr(Posted 2013) [#22]
Hi..
Version 2.2 available. Many improvement and bug fix. Please try. Tnks

Version 2.2
+ Auto-complete cover all monkey command, monkey type and monkey associates member of the class
+ hotspot added for import file, LoadImage and LoadSound.
Able to open import by click. image/sound will open with default user app
+ Fix import open fail if user have text (rem) after module name
+ pop-menu now respond on help content. not just editor area
+ explorer: only open related file from monkey.
Other file format will be open by default user app
+ Console window can be scroll down
+ On open file, collapse all
- Fix: Bug on undo for tab
- Fix: Text format error if paste at other doc
- Fix: Autocomplete for type set using : suggest at non cursor place. Also flickering empty autocomplete
- Fix: Error on autocomplete. Class given after dot(.)
- Fix syntax colour E after dot(.)
+ Autocomplete suggest when using array for that particular var field
- Fix: Replace error
+ Add autocomplete to suggest type on var:= new type
+ Better local suggestion. Not very scope compatible but under func/method scope
+ when last open file, browser display path of the file
- Fix: Console - During run no error report open
- Fix: On program run, eat CPU resources
- Fix: Collapse error on multi level
- Fix: Press F1, will open 2 windows and bottom window cursor will be on screen.
+ Open files: Instead of using file list, we use tabber now
+ add fullscreen button on mac
- Fix: rem(') extend colour to below line
- Fix: Toggle rem error, additional char at back
- Fix: auto indent when paste/multiline
+ Theme: Split font for mac/win in setting. Add option to show line number
- Some other minor bug.

Sensei(Posted 2013) [#23]
Hi @mag

I'm interested in your IDE, as Mollusk is doing my head in with the random crashes and Ted is just too basic for me. When we buy your IDE, do we get free updates/fixes? Also, for how long?

Zurrr(Posted 2013) [#24]
hi @Jaco
free access to all future updates.

RetroRusty(Posted 2013) [#25]
What's really putting me off using this IDE is that you have to copy it into your Monkey folder before you can run it? Why do this? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Sensei(Posted 2013) [#26]
Unfortunately the demo of JumpIDE is even more unstable on my PC (Win 7, 64bit).
The tabs flicker between each other when you have two source files or more open. There appears no way to set showing line numbers all the time (it seems tied to Themes, which in itself isn't editable?). Keywords are not auto-completing to uppercase which annoys me since Monkey keywords are case sensitive. There appears to be no preferences options.
I do really like how you can dual view source files at the same time (like Notepad++) and change between horizontal and vertical views though.
But overall, this doesn't feel quite as professional as the name seems to indicate.
As a beginner with Monkey, I'd prefer something that helps me along with syntax etc.

Reading up at the 2.2 fixes: maybe the demo version hasn't been updated?

Zurrr(Posted 2013) [#27]
@RetroRusty
I update it. Version 2.3 run in its own folder

@Sensei
Thanks for bug report. Update 2.3 try to solve the 2 docs issue. Try it again..

At the moment no preferences options but you can hack text file in setting to create your own themes. Its quite straight forward.

Zurrr(Posted 2013) [#28]

UPDATE 2.3
+ Make JumpIDE run in its own directory
- Bugfix: 2 doc alternate that leave funny selection
- Bugfix: click sound/image name should open file by default user app

Zurrr(Posted 2013) [#29]
Hi, this time I improve interface/GUI by adding Setting.
..and some other bugs fix especially auto-complete.

Version 2.6
+ Setting: Multiple setting and option added
* display/hide toolbar and status
* option for auto reload/cursor pos for open files
* option for backup interval
* several compiler option added
* create/delete/copy of themes
+ Highlight active doc when in split view
+ Make files tab same look in both win/mac.
+ Add recent files to menu
- fix: some auto-complete not work
- fix some other bugs

Zurrr(Posted 2013) [#30]
Another update.. 2.7

Version 2.7
- fix: Undo shortcut
- fix: console display. some lin skiped
- fix: better tab indent
- fix: slowdown on reading syntax
+ open in one instance
+ open from command-line/drag *.monkey to JumpIDE.exe

Asmodean(Posted 2013) [#31]
I tried the demo and is a very nice IDE, but there are some bugs that are bother me.

- I have still two docs at the start and I can't close them.
- If I hide the windows on the right an choose over the menu Explorer, Code or Custom the IDE crashes.

And it would be nice, if the folding go automatically with Methods, Function and Classes.

Gekko(Posted 2014) [#32]
Hi, any update for this IDE is on the road?

Leo Santos(Posted 2015) [#33]
Just got it on a Mac, and I'm enjoying it so far.
I have a few suggestions, though:

- CPU use is very high, even when the ide is not doing anything, around 32% on my Macbook. Is there a way to reduce this?
- Custom keyboard shortcuts would be nice
- On OSX, it would be really nice to change all shortcuts using the "Control" key to use the "Command" key. The Windows shortcuts are a little disorienting.
- Also on OSX, can you get rid of the scrollbars? It would follow OSX guidelines and make things even cleaner
- The autocomplete always suggests me lower case keywords, is that correct? I always use capitalized keywords and lower case variables.

Thanks, and nice job!