OAuth2 Authentication with distant provider

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/OAuth2 Authentication with distant provider

BlitzProg(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hey there
I've been suggested to try out OAuth for user authentication, so I want to make a test app using this... But I am totally lost here and despict having spent hours researching I still have no idea about what I'm supposed to do, let alone understanding the mechanisms about how this thing is supposed to work.

The thing: Cloudsdale, a website to chat with fan of my little pony, has opened his own OAuth provider recently so we can develop apps with using it. With that I "can set up [my] application to allow users to log in to Cloudsdale, and send back tokens to [my] own service".

The whole thing is supposed to make your life easier, yet I'm losing hair over this because I can't understand anything!

Anyone have experienced this and would like to enlighten me on this subject? Thanks if you can help -

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#2]
Without looking at it at all, the basic idea is that you send your users name/pass to their server, it will then authenticate that user and if its valid send you back a response.

Your app simply needs to send the data, and then get the response, and if valid you have passed the login, if invalid then kick the user and tell them to register.

hope this helps, I am sure there will be some one around here that has done this already for facebook, so many sites and apps offer face authentication these days I would be surprised if its not been done.