Error compile IOS Game Debug/Release

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Error compile IOS Game Debug/Release

skavle(Posted 2013) [#1]
When i compile on mac to target IOS Game in Debug or Release i get some error.
Html5 target works fine.

this is 3 of my games and they get simular errors.

game1:

TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'xcodebuild -configuration Release -sdk iphonesimulator', return code=16640

The following build commands failed:
CompileC build/MonkeyGame.build/Release-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.build/Objects-normal/i386/main.o main.mm normal i386 objective-c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(1 failure)

TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'xcodebuild -configuration Release -sdk iphonesimulator', return code=16640

Ld build/Release-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.app/MonkeyGame normal i386
(1 failure)
Done.

game 1 and 2:

** BUILD FAILED **

CompileC build/MonkeyGame.build/Release-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.build/Objects-normal/i386/main.o main.mm normal i386 objective-c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(1 failure)
Done.

game 3:

Ld build/Release-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.app/MonkeyGame normal i386
(1 failure)
Done.

Tnx

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#2]
i think we may need better error messages.

also, make sure to
1. delete the old .build folder
2. test one of the included samples under the "bananas" folder to make sure a sample works with your configuration.
3. grab some error output from a debug mode. post in a 'codebox' here.

skavle(Posted 2013) [#3]
This is the same error in debug and release, but okey.
i delete build folder and compile on mac, IOS Game target and Debug.
get same error.

TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'xcodebuild -configuration Debug -sdk iphonesimulator', return code=16640
** BUILD FAILED **

CompileC build/MonkeyGame.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/MonkeyGame.build/Objects-normal/i386/main.o main.mm normal i386 objective-c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(1 failure)
Done.

i donīt know what it means.
I compile in Ted btw, in MonkeyPro71b

Cheers

skavle(Posted 2013) [#4]
P.S bananas/charlie/blobmonster works great,
both compile to xcode project in Ted and then to IPA and TestFlight D.S

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#5]
my next tactic would be to try to load up the project in xcode, to see if you can get a better debug diagnostic. code 16640 ($4100) is hard to figure out.

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#6]
Open project and xcode, save, and then try again. Also check you're using latest XCode (for iOS 6), otherwise you'll have problems everywhere.

The downfall is with latest monkey, iOS 4.3 will be locked on portrait mode. Works fine on iOS5-6 though.