How do you take Screenshots?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/How do you take Screenshots?

Tibit(Posted 2013) [#1]
Almost all app submissions req screenshots.

So instead of doing it on device I was thinking about doing it in the os.

Is there anyone here who has managed a smart way to save screenshots from glfw or something like that?

* Right now I run in html5 and use the screenshot grabber in fireworks. It works but I'd prefer a "click of a button" approach :)

GfK(Posted 2013) [#2]
PrtScrn works for me. Or am I missing something?

Raz(Posted 2013) [#3]
printscreen works, but I use hyperdesktop

http://gethyperdesktop.com/

skape(Posted 2013) [#4]
Cmd+Shift+3 (or 4) on OS X.

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2013) [#5]
I always use PrtSc, paste it into PSP and edit as I wish.

It would be part of my apparatus for saving data in images too, if I were using that at the moment.

Raul(Posted 2013) [#6]
PrintScreen from html5 and edit it from Paint.NET :))

Supertino(Posted 2013) [#7]
PrtSrc & PSP for me - "PSP" a poor mans photo shop but much easier to use =D

Snader(Posted 2013) [#8]
alt-printscreen for only grabbing the active window.

Difference(Posted 2013) [#9]
For iOS do it from xCode.

http://getsetgames.com/2009/07/30/5-ways-to-take-screenshots-of-your-iphone-app/

benmc(Posted 2013) [#10]
Yup, I run my game in my GLFW target at the highest resolution I can, then do an alt-printscreen, bring that in to Fireworks and proceed to re-size for the various sizes, often times overlaying some "marketing-speak".

Off-topic: crazy sad Adobe is discontinuing Fireworks.

Tibit(Posted 2013) [#11]
The reason I don't use print screen is because I get 3840x1080px large images, it works, just messy and slow :)

Gonna try that Alt + printScreen sound great.

hyperdesktop was really cool! Just wish they would have a hotkey!

Ontopic before I used OnNote's Screengrabber, press Win + S and I get the image to the clipboard that was really handy.

> Off-topic: crazy sad Adobe is discontinuing Fireworks.
Omg! That is terrible news... But how to go about doing web stuff or mockups then?

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2013) [#12]
PSP can be set to do multiple captures based on a hotkey, which can be manually-selected screen areas, client windows, or full-screen. PrintScreen is just a convenience when I want just one.

If the app is in a window, it's trivial to crop the full-screen image to size anyway.