Have F5 compile and run the PROJECT, in Ted?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Have F5 compile and run the PROJECT, in Ted?

SlopeOak(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi all,

I'm sure I've just missed some vital tidbit, but I can't figure this out. When I hit F5 in Ted, it does a compile and run. But ONLY if the currently selected file contains the "Main" function, otherwise I get the error that "Main" is not found.

How can I tell Ted which file in the project contains Main? I'm tired of selecting that file manually, each time I want to compile!

Thanks!

marksibly(Posted 2013) [#2]
Use 'lock build file' in the build menu.

SlopeOak(Posted 2013) [#3]
omg, thank you! :)

SlopeOak(Posted 2013) [#4]
Perhaps it could be called "Set Project Build File" or something like that? I was seriously LOOKING for this option, and looked at that menu many times, but it somehow didn't occur to me that "Lock Build File" would do what I wanted.

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2013) [#5]
LOL, Ziggy and Ryan must be thanking you for making this so obscure!

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#6]
Wow, never knew about it too... good to know it's there, will save me time in the future :)

Shagwana(Posted 2013) [#7]
I would love to be able to reassign F5 to Ctrl+R. I have a media keyboard that has a tiny F5 key on it and its a real pain trying to use it to compile code.

Grey Alien(Posted 2013) [#8]
Lock Build file has been around since very early Blitz, but yeah I guess it's obscurely name.

@SlopeOak: I really recommend getting Jungle!

SlopeOak(Posted 2013) [#9]
If Jungle worked on Mac, I'd be using it already!

Grey Alien(Posted 2013) [#10]
So would I. Get a PC ;-p I have all my source in dropbox now so I can dev at speed on the PC but use my Macbook Air for coding the same game when I'm on the move.

dragon(Posted 2013) [#11]
newer know for what to use this...
but i needed it all time :-)

Rename it to: "Set main file"