Creating new target (monkeymax)

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Creating new target (monkeymax)

BlitzProg(Posted 2013) [#1]
There's a large topic i've probably missed about this since I've been developing my application on V63b.

I wanted to update my blitzmax target as it was behaving strangely with the new functions I have added, so I've downloaded Monkey V69 to ensure the newer update for this target was compatible. Beside, each time I interrupt the build in V63b, the ted editor freeze and I have to kill it.

I've followed the install instructions but it won't shop up in the target list! So I can't even test if it compiles. I don't know what to do :(

Using window 7
- I created a folder named V69MAX in the folder MonkeyPro69 (itself located on my desktop)
- I copied all of the other files inside
- Created another folder in monkeypro69 to receive all of the files to install
- copied all files and (overwrote when asked) inside V69MAX
- Edited trans.winnt.txt so the BMAX folder would point to bmx.exe
- Then I launched and monkey from V69MAX no new target appeared :(

BlitzProg(Posted 2013) [#2]
Got the BlitzMax target to work after doing the following in addition

What I did in additions to the instructions
Installed MinGW
Copied bin and target folder from V69MAX to V69MAX\src\transcc\transcc.build
Opened transcc.monkey and ran it with c++ tool target
Moved V69MAX\src\transcc\transcc.build\binmain_winnt.exe to V69MAX\bin\transcc_winnt.exe

Blitzmax target: Not working (missing files) - Copied the files that were in the wrong location over to where they were required. Yes, copy, not move, since their original location was required as well (???)
The code worked but failed to launch since several classes were in double. So I manually edited it and it worked.

That was atrociously complex.