Wait 30-60 Seconds then compile.

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Wait 30-60 Seconds then compile.

Richard Betson(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi,

I get a "File Permission" error when I try to recompile an app. I have to wait 30 to 60 seconds before I can recompile because the app executable is locked and can not be written to. In fact Win7 will not let me delete the build folder (no permissions) for that same length of time. It is a similar problem that I had with BlitzMAX but I was able to get around it by removing windows search.

I have disable my virus scanner and added a global exclusion path to it for Monkey and my build folders.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has a workaround to this problem.

Thanks,
- Rich -

benmc(Posted 2013) [#2]
For me, I don't have this problem with GLFW using MinGW but I do with the HTML5 target. I have to turn off MServer each time, and sometimes close Ted to be able to delete the build folder if needed or write over it.

Are you just having this issue with HTML5 too?

dawlane(Posted 2013) [#3]
Hi Richard
Sound more like a Windows problem to me. Had something similar when I tried to update JungleIDE. Thing is I can't remember what I did to solve the problem. Your not using bitdefender by any chance as that is irritating when building any thing.
What was happening was that for some reason the process wasn't terminating. So have a look what's happening with the task manager and do a bit of googling you never know your luck.

Richard Betson(Posted 2013) [#4]
Hi,

I'm using GLFW as a target. I'm using Avast and Windows Defender is off.

I've disabled Avast (with it's disable feature) and that has no effect.

I'll Google around a bit and see what I come up with, that's how I found the solution for BlitzMAX. If I had to guess this is related to .NET in someway (.NET sucks anyway).

It is possible that it is related to running in debug but I'll experiment with it a bit. Just a frustrating thing when trying to port code from BlitzMAX and constantly recompiling through the porting errors.

- Rich -

GfK(Posted 2013) [#5]
I get this sometimes with Blitzmax/Win7. Never had to wait 30-60s though - just hit F5 again and it works.

[edit] I realise this doesn't help your situation at all.

Fred(Posted 2013) [#6]
It happens to me often with glfw or blitzmax. I just close any explorer windows that shows the exe file.

Richard Betson(Posted 2013) [#7]
@Fred,

I'll give it a try. I seem to recall this also effecting things.

- Rich -

DruggedBunny(Posted 2013) [#8]
Try this too:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/post.php?topic=98302&post=1147510