Compiling problem...?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Compiling problem...?

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#1]
I've tried compiling my game on Win8 (html5/glfw works), and I'm getting this error:

Also, If I try to compile to GLFW (without using MingW), I get this error:

I'm using latest Monkey, Visual Studio 2012, and HttpRequest on the non-compiling code.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#2]
Are you on a Win8 machine? As you need to be on one.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#3]
I'm using latest Monkey, Visual Studio 2012

load up the project file under the template folder, then re-save it. that may fix it. you may have to do it under the monkey/target folder too.

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#4]
@MikeHart: Yes, I am on Win8, with Visual Studio 2012, and have the Win8 SDK installed.

@AdamRedwoods: Nope, didn't help - I even opened the project on Visual Studio, and trying to compile it directly there, I got this errors:

Same 37 errors shown in monkey-console. They all seem related to socket stuff - probably caused by using HttpRequest on code.

Edit: confirmed. I can correctly build "blobmonster" sample (but I can only run it on VS2012? Not from Monkey???) - apparently HttpRequest isn't implemented on Win8 target??

Edit 2:But even "blobmonster" doesn't compile here under GLFW (no MingW) - but opening the project on VS2012 and hitting "update" fixed it.

Edit 3:When I ran any Win8 app, what is that ugly [x] symbol that appears before the game loads? Any ideas how to change that?

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#5]
but opening the project on VS2012 and hitting "update" fixed it.

so i believe monkey files are meant for VS2010, and unfortunately, VS2012 and VS2010 are not nice to each other. you can fix this permanently by updating the proj file under monkey/targets/glfw/template/ .

When I ran any Win8 app, what is that ugly [x] symbol that appears before the game loads? Any ideas how to change that?

myproject.build/template/assets/splashscreen.png

apparently HttpRequest isn't implemented on Win8 target??

#If (LANG<>"cpp" And LANG<>"java") Or TARGET="win8"
#Error "The httprequest module is unavailable on this target"
#Endif

Apparently not (which is lame)! but i think it's being looked into here:
http://monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=5234
I think Rone has a module that can be brought into monkey easily for this.