Urgent: Sound files does not play - html

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Urgent: Sound files does not play - html

trainer(Posted 2013) [#1]
When I run from the monkey, the sound files play.

When I run the html from IIS server, the sound files do not play.

Iam using .mp3 files.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#2]
When it comes to html5 there are compatability issues with sound files, it seems that the browser market has not yet decided on a standard sound format, so they all support different formats, if you play the same code in another browser you will probably hear the sound.

There is a list some where but can't think where off the top of my head, the other targets work the same way, some support only mp3, some oly support wav etc..

Try another browser and see how you get on. Try another file format as well, you should also look into the diddy game framework, when it comes to sound files it takes a lot of the guess work out , you simply load the file without the extension and diddy checks the target and pulls in the correct format, very handy.

Hope this helps, would try and be more specific on formats but I'm not at the PC at e moment, and don't have access. To my files from te ipad.

trainer(Posted 2013) [#3]
OGG works with firefox.

But none of the file formats, .wma or .mp3 or. ogg works with Internet Explorer 9.

trainer(Posted 2013) [#4]
Sound files... When I run from Monkey, the Firefox and Chrome can play the sounds (but not IE).

But when I copy the files to wwwroot, and run the game from any browser, there is no audio. But the game runs fine.

Same thing happens with the apk file also. No sound when installed in android phone.

What could be the reason?

trainer(Posted 2013) [#5]
The same thing also happens with the audio when we run cometcrusher example from the Chapter 4 of the text book.

DruggedBunny(Posted 2013) [#6]
Perhaps IIS isn't set up to serve mp3s properly, as in a MIME type problem or something like that? I know nothing about IIS though...