Jungle IDE - Text File text colour

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Jungle IDE - Text File text colour

Raz(Posted 2013) [#1]
Ziggy, are you able to tell me which setting I need to change for the text colour when editing a .txt file?

This is how it looks for me at the moment (black text on dark grey background)

Ta!

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#2]
Coloring on Jungle Ide is based on parser "kind of token", BUT the TXT parser is based on a "there's no tokens" idea, so everything is a single token... That makes it impossible to change the fore color in current design!
I'll add a fix for this on the next version. By now, you can customize the background color to something more clear so you can properly read txt documents while I'm at it.

EDIT: Fixed for the next release. Next version will have an additional paramenter on the color schema editor that will allow you to set a default fore color for the whole parser. It will only be used if any text is consiedered non part of a token. That means basically it'll be used by the TXT parser renderer to color regular text (if it's not an URL)

wiebow(Posted 2013) [#3]
I found that creating a new text file in Jungle results in this color. Opening an existing text file however results in the 'proper' colors.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#4]
@wiebow: Can't replicate. How do you create the new text file? By File/New Document , selecting txt as the file kind, setting it a name, clicking "ok" ?

If I do this, I see regular black text over white background. Do you have any special set up?

Raz(Posted 2013) [#5]
Cheers Ziggy :D

I'd be lost without JungleIDE.

wiebow(Posted 2013) [#6]
Ziggy: cannot replicate it either... I was sure of myself, but now I think I might have been wrong.. forget my post :)