Ignition V1.8 now up!

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Ignition V1.8 now up!

Playniax(Posted 2013) [#1]
Here is a little update!

Maybe nice to know that the gui objects can now use FontMachine fonts :)

You still need to download FontMachine!

So:

- Added experimental support for FontMachine fonts. Example can be found in bananas\playniax\ignition\08_thirdparty\fontmachine

- iJoypad is now risizeable (forgot this one).

- iFitText can now handle ~n so iGuiTextField can handle line breaks.

- Improved spriter importer code (from therevills) example (downloadable from the member area)

- Added more rendering examples (01_tutorial_for_beginners\13_more_rendering)

FontMachine demo: http://www.playniax.com/share/demos/fontmachine/MonkeyGame.html

Extra spriter importer demo: http://www.playniax.com/share/demos/spriter/MonkeyGame.html

Spriter IS experimental!

vmakar85(Posted 2013) [#2]
Playniax, tnx for up, i download spriter demo (this is more intresting thing for me at this moment) and build it on html fine but cant build for android, other example work fine..

Playniax(Posted 2013) [#3]
I will have a look at this later for you. What version of Monkey are you using? Do all the other Ignition demo's work on Android?

vmakar85(Posted 2013) [#4]
monkey v 69, Ignition V1.8 i build example > joypad, jungle and sone other( new one to ) bananas from tutorials.

rIKmAN(Posted 2013) [#5]
Cheers Playniax! :)

Playniax(Posted 2013) [#6]
@vmakar85: You mean they ARE working right? Just not the spriter? :)

Defeats the purpose of monkey a bit if code runs on all targets but not on Android :) I don't do any native stuff. Anyway, I have a look at it.

Trebmint(Posted 2013) [#7]
Hey. If it helps I've just implemented Spriter Importer in my game not via Ignition, and it works fine HTML5 but Android doesnt compile - And I have no idea why

rIKmAN(Posted 2013) [#8]
What is the error message, is it the same as vmakar85?

It must be Android specific as I am using SpriterImporter and it compiles in HTML5, Flash, GLFW, XNA and iOS fine for me, but I don't have an Android device to test.

Trebmint(Posted 2013) [#9]
Hey.... oops I was wrong. It was an issue with Diddy and my retrograding back to .66 rather than .69

Now works fine on my Android device. Cheers :)

CopperCircle(Posted 2013) [#10]
Thanks, great update.

Trebmint(Posted 2013) [#11]
Does anyone know how to pack the textures in spriter? You can load dozens of pngs surely, gotta squeeze them onto a single texture.

Cheers

rIKmAN(Posted 2013) [#12]
Have a look at therevills SpriterImporter thread, I'm sure I remember him mentioning this in there.

therevills(Posted 2013) [#13]
I added Sparrow Atlas support for the Spriter Importer a while ago, check my example out:
https://code.google.com/p/monkey-spriter-importer/source/browse/spriterExample.monkey
monster = SpriterImporter.ImportFile("monster", "Example.SCML", "monster/monster.xml")

The 3rd parameter will load in the Sparrow Atlas xml.

Trebmint(Posted 2013) [#14]
Thats fantastic therevills... cheers! It appears that the only person making my game rubbish now is me :P

Now all I want is In App Purchasing for google play and Amazon, and I will be as happy as larry. Please somebody write these I'd happily pay

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#15]
Nice Playniax!

vmakar85(Posted 2013) [#16]
@Playniax i test it on Monkey V66 yes finally work!!! build correct, run correct. in v69 it not build at all, i can build only html target =(

Playniax(Posted 2013) [#17]
Great!

NiGa Soft(Posted 2013) [#18]
Hello Playniax,

are there any news about the "tiled" importer?

mteo77(Posted 2013) [#19]
Hello.
Sorry i don't know where to post a request so i will use this thread.
If i have to iterate through an objectlist how can i do that?
I read the ilist example but i can't figure out what to do.
I basically have:
playfield named playfield
layer named layer1 attached to playfield
object named enemy attached to layer1 (with the addlast command)

this line give an error (obviously)
for local loc:enemy=eachin layer1

how do i know the list name of the layer?
Hope that make sense.

Playniax(Posted 2013) [#20]
The layers have an objectList.
An example:
For Local obj:iLayerObject = Eachin layer.objectList
Print obj.name													
Next

mteo77(Posted 2013) [#21]
Hello.
Yes i did get around to do that, problem is what if i have to extract the instance "enemy" out of the objectlist?
It says "cannot convert from iLayerObject to enemy" because i am trying to compare 2 different things.
Example:
new enemy creation:
enemy1 = new enemy
enemy1.init()

enemy class initialisation:
class enemy extends actor
   field x
   field y
   function init()
      local loc:enemy=new enemy
      loc.x=such&such
      loc.y=such&such
   end function
end class

function that i can't get it right:
function findEnemy:enemy(posx:float)
   local rightEnemy:enemy
   for local loc:enemy = eachin layer1.objectList
      if loc.x - posx = 200
         rightEnemy = loc
      endif
   next
   return rightEnemy
end function

As you can see i have this function that have to return the right enemy that has been attached to the layer1 as an enemy object.
I am pretty sure i am doing something wrong but can't figure out what...

NiGa Soft(Posted 2013) [#22]
Hello Playniax,

if i use layers in my map and want to show them all via layer [1].tileMapLayer = -1 ( -1 should show all layers) it causes an error
(Monkey Runtime Error : Array index out of range).

Is this a bug or make i something wrong?

And it would nice to know what about the "Tiled" support.

best regards
Frank

Playniax(Posted 2013) [#23]
You can download a experimental loader for tiled from the member area.

Can you email me the project?

NiGa Soft(Posted 2013) [#24]
Hi,

i use your tile jungle demo and only put in a 3 layered map.

But if you want, i'll send you the project in the next days...

Playniax(Posted 2013) [#25]
Would make it easier for me thanks!

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#26]
What I still scratch my head about...

I go to your site at http://playniax.com ... So where am I supposed to enter some kind of customer area to download updates?

Going to http://playniax.com/download.html I just see the headline telling me "Download" with nothing below no matter if I use Chrome or Firefox...

Edit: Ah well got it. I have to go to http://monkey.playniax.com/

Maybe it would be a good idea to put this link in your first posting for a new version? ;)

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#27]
Tony,

What's been happening on the Ignition front? Been pretty quiet.

Tibit(Posted 2013) [#28]
@Playniax, I have been using ignition with the new FontMachine text additions and it works great so far. Using it mostly for Text on buttons.

A future request:

I would really like if I can add sprites without a loaded image, and then a rect is drawn instead, so I can mock things easier. Right now I get a crash if I call SetImage with null. However I saw (in the source) that if I'd been using you content manager you do exactly this, however I use texture packer's texture atlas - would be nice if the content manager could support that.

Playniax(Posted 2013) [#29]
@Xaron: It is explained in the docs Installation section but I will move it to the index page for starters.

@Why0Why: I am writing code all over the place for 3 games we are working on and the framework is benefitting from this. I am also working on expanding the GUI and a level/world editor. An update of the framework will follow soon.

@Tibit: Did you have a look at the iLayerRectangle Class? I have added your future request to my possible feature to do list ;)

When I have some time left I will try to add some support for the Spine module in Ignitions engine mode.

rIKmAN(Posted 2013) [#30]
Playniax, have you had any luck with adding the Spriter Collisions, or is there any possible ETA?

Keep up the good work! :)

Playniax(Posted 2013) [#31]
http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=5542#62041