WP8 Performance

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/WP8 Performance

CopperCircle(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi, can any else compile for WP8? I am getting a very poor framerate and wondered if it was just my phone as the emulator seems ok.

If I compile and run the bananas\bouncyaliens I only get 11-12 fps on my phone?

Thanks.

smilertoo(Posted 2013) [#2]
which phone? I'll boot into windows8 tomorrow and give it a test.

benmc(Posted 2013) [#3]
For all Windows Phone projects, I have to open the project in Visual Studio, right click on the Windows Phone project and Upgrade it so that the game can get up to 60fps. Otherwise it maxes out at 30.

CopperCircle(Posted 2013) [#4]
I have a Samsung ACTIV S WP8 Phone, benmc are you using Visual Studio 2012 for WP8?

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#5]
I have a Lumia 920 if you need anything tested. I have Windows 8 on my laptop and It should theoretically be setup with everything I need to compile for Windows Phone, but I haven't tried it yet.

CopperCircle(Posted 2013) [#6]
Thanks, could you just run bananas\bouncyaliens and see what framerate you get?

marksibly(Posted 2013) [#7]
Yes, win8 performance is a bit crap - fixed for next release.

marksibly(Posted 2013) [#8]
Wow! Converted the vertex buffer stuff to 'lock' instead of 'copy' style writes for a massive speed-up! bouncyaliens now handles 500 sprites @ 60fps and mojotest runs full speed, all on a mid-spec HTC-8S.

dopeyrulz(Posted 2013) [#9]
Wow! Converted the vertex buffer stuff to 'lock' instead of 'copy' style writes for a massive speed-up! bouncyaliens now handles 500 sprites @ 60fps and mojotest runs full speed, all on a mid-spec HTC-8S.

Great!

CopperCircle(Posted 2013) [#10]
Great, I have 3 apps waiting to go on WP8, any ETA on getting Keyboard on WP8?

Thanks.

hsutuo(Posted 2013) [#11]
I'm pretty sure microsoft don't allow use fopen/fread(win32 api) to open asset contents, that huge joke...