App reviews taking a long time...

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/App reviews taking a long time...

therevills(Posted 2013) [#1]
I submitted an update to Spriter Importer a while ago and I can also see Sine wiggler by Nobuyuki is taking a time to get put onto the site!?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#2]
yeah the whole thing is in dire need of work, when ever I upload something it always goes to shit and I need to spend days in e-mails back and forth to get it working.

It's happened to me about 80% of the time, think only 1 of my apps actually went up without a hitch.

I think the issue right now is that Simon, is the only one looking at the apps, so if he has some time off, is sick, or just forgets then the section goes dark till he gets back.

I wonder and am sure I suggested this as well, but adopting a greenlight/app store approach might be an idea where other people with apps get to look at new submissions and then approve or deny them, if an app gets say 1 out of 5 rejections then the app is not approved and does not get added.

not sure they will go for that tho, I think their very worried about people abusing the system by uploading code that's malicious.

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#3]
it's a little frustrating too, because soon after submitting that demo, I corrected a bug in it which I can't upload the changes to while it's pending (・ω・`)

Edit: Also, unicode input is totally broken here, haha
Edit2: Oh! The original version was approved. Thank you.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#4]
yeah this site is in dire need of a total redo. :/