Ziggy look at this: Windows 8 and FontMachine

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Ziggy look at this: Windows 8 and FontMachine

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hey Ziggy,

I dunno if you already seen this kind of bug but on Windows 8 target at least when i was using the virtual resolution (from Ignition but that doesn't really matter). There was kind of top horizontal bar of 1 pixel height and 3 pixel width at 1 or 2 pixel over some letters. Did you already seen such problem with this yet (outside the Windows 8 platform) ? Dunno what could cause this.. but the same kind of problem happen with Ignition iBitmapFont which is pretty similar to your. This is the only problem i have so far on the Windows 8 target. It all look perfectly on other targets.. The virtual resolution doesn't seem to be the cause because i emulated this on HTML 5 target and no problems at all.

Thanks!

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#2]
After a checkup.. the problem doesnt happen with ignition ibitmapfont seem to be only fontmachine.

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#3]
Please check here for a screenshot... http://sdrv.ms/YHe0KR

Playniax(Posted 2013) [#4]
To me it looks like the image filtering problem. I think more space between the charachters in the bitmap would solve this.

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#5]
That make sense.. Seem to only happen to s and t there is probably an easy workaround.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#6]
I think it is a bug with mojo DrawSubImageRect

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#7]
I will try to make a sample that reproduce the problem.

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#8]
The cause seem to be Autofit or any virtual resolution method. This is not bind to Win8 ive been able to reproduce it on XNA too.