${MONKEYDIR} ??

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/${MONKEYDIR} ??

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#1]
Where are those sort of "variables" defined?
current modpath is by default=

MODPATH="${MONKEYDIR}/modules"

That's great but how can I know what other variables such as ${MONKEYDIR} are available? Is this specified anywhere?

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#2]
probably, if anywhere, in the source code to trans... lol

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#3]
I've checked it, and it seems it read any environment variable of the system, but also addes MONKEYDIR and TRANSDIR environment variables. That's what I've seen on the trans source code, but it's hard to see if there's anything else defined elsewhere. And I can't find any details in the documentation. That's why I'm asking.

Skn3(Posted 2013) [#4]
Many are defined in the target templates but they can also be defined in your own code so its hard to know where all of them are. Your best bet is to examine a built project and look inbetween //${CONFIG_BEGIN} and //${CONFIG_END}.

I just checked a main.js from a compiled project and it had:

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#5]
does that mean that the modpath can hold more than one dir ? if so I had no clue and thats very handy information..

Skn3(Posted 2013) [#6]
Yup multiple mod path was in v67 I think:D

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#7]
Oh right, yeah I was using an older version for a while because its compatible with my version of jungle, but iv gona back to using Ted so I can update monkey so probably a few other things I have missed, gona need to read the changelog.