Monkey V69 now up! [MONKEY NEWS]

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Monkey V69 now up! [MONKEY NEWS]

marksibly(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi,

Featuring a few overdue additions to the win8 target...

Added WIN8_SCREEN_ORIENTATION app config setting; use a bitwise OR of: 1=Portrait, 2=Landscape, 4=Portrait flipped, 8=Landscape flipped.

Added win8/winphone8 ReadPixels, Image.WritePixels to mojo graphics.

Tweaked httprequest, removed httpgetter.

Tibit(Posted 2013) [#2]
Awesome! :)

Amon(Posted 2013) [#3]
Thanks! :)

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#4]
dude.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#5]
That was quick... Thnx!
EDIT: Tested to be compatible with latest Jungle Ide version background compiler too.

Snader(Posted 2013) [#6]
Nice! Thankx!

Skn3(Posted 2013) [#7]
Mark you are indeed a lean mean monkey grilling machine!

CopperCircle(Posted 2013) [#8]
Great, thanks. My WP8 app is now in review.

Alienforce(Posted 2013) [#9]
WOW! Thanks Mark!

golomp(Posted 2013) [#10]
Thank you Mark !

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#11]
It's about time, I am sick of all the time between updates :P

Neuro(Posted 2013) [#12]
Yeah seriously Mark, what took so goddamm long this time :)??

rIKmAN(Posted 2013) [#13]
Thanks Mark!

Am I right in thinking this is "stable" and subsequent versions (a,b,c etc) will be the "experimental" versions up until v70?

I'm still on v66 atm!

jwl(Posted 2013) [#14]
We are drowning in updates!!!!!!!!! Bloop bloop bloop!!!!

Most excellent!

J

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#15]
Nice mark! I will upgrade to this new version right away! but during the upgrade there a good chance another version come up haha

CodeGit(Posted 2013) [#16]
Thanks... :)

Bigfatjm(Posted 2013) [#17]
Oups...! Thanks! :)

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2013) [#18]
*goes to install v68*
.. What!?

benmc(Posted 2013) [#19]
When I build a project in Monkey on my Mac, then open the project in XCode, change the project name, then run the game on my phone, I cannot rebuild the project from Monkey again without completely deleting the build folder every time or it gives me this error:

FOPEN 'rb' for LoadString 'MonkeyGame.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj' failed

This is obviously because of the name change, but I used to be able to do this with no problem in past versions of Monkey which was very useful for on-device testing especially when I am working on many different game projects.

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#20]
Is there any changes to the targets in this version ? (i doubt based on the changes with exception to the win8 target offcourse)

EdzUp(Posted 2013) [#21]
Can we have a #GAMENAME variable so it names all the relevant stuff to the variable set so instead of generating 'MonkeyGame.html' it will be what we set. I also think it will sort out benmc's issues too as he could name the game.

Also it will sort the Android icons etc :D

Cronos(Posted 2013) [#22]
Thanks !!!

CopperCircle(Posted 2013) [#23]
Mark, any chance of getting the Keyboard on Windows Phone 8?
I have also noticed a big performance drop on WP8 with Monkey v69?

Midimaster(Posted 2013) [#24]
Thank you Mark,

I changed now from V66 to V69 because of problems with Android 4.2. At the moment it looks like the bug isn't there any more...

The new builder immediately found some bug in my code, the old V66 builder did not found.

Also I recognized, that at android target the PRINT commands now are sent back to the console of TED. That is very comfortable, because I use them often for DEBUGLOG purposes. That was the main reason, why I mainly developed under HTML5. Now I can debug on my smartphone too. Thats a milestone! Thanks!

One of the bugs, the V69 builder found new (compared to V66) was:
Local pixels:Int[] =[Width*Height]
ReadPixels(pixels, X, Y, Width,Height)

has of course to be....
Local pixels:Int[] =New Int[Width*Height]
ReadPixels(pixels, X, Y, Width,Height)

But! I did copy the first example from anywhere in the monkey manual. So I guess it's still there.

Kalakian(Posted 2013) [#25]
Local pixels:Int[] =[Width*Height]

Is legitimate monkey code, but it'll create an array of one element which has the value Width*Height. If you don't put New Int (or appropriate type) at the start, it's expecting a comma-separated list of values.

Midimaster(Posted 2013) [#26]
Of course I did copy both lines together from a ScreenGrab sample anywhere in the manual...

The combination is a typo!!!