Remote Monkey Modules Directory

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Remote Monkey Modules Directory

c.k.(Posted 2013) [#1]
How do I specify the remote monkey modules directory? I've now grown tired of moving all my module folders each time I have to install a new version of monkey.

e.g., I would like to keep my custom modules in c:\monkmods, so where do I define that?

Thanks!

c.k.(Posted 2013) [#2]
Hi, c.k.

It's in your config.*.* file.

In config.winnt.txt, you'll see a definition for MODPATH. Change that and you'll be good to go.

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#3]
LOL

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#4]
If you use jungle Ide, you can define an additional modules folder there, and this folder can be kept on monkey updates. This also keps the additional folder into intellisense when it's built.

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#5]
I love the ziggy jungle ide feature really useful

GfK(Posted 2013) [#6]
Why is c.k. having a conversation with himself??

Raz(Posted 2013) [#7]
God knows!

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#8]
Probably because there no way to delete the thread if you found a solution so he was kidding.

c.k.(Posted 2013) [#9]
Or maybe I have multiple personalities! Did you consider that?!

XD

Yes, as Rushino said, if I discover the answer on my own, I at least like to provide the answer in case somebody else ever has the same question.

Besides, I'm a good conversationalist.

No, you're not.

Yes, I am.

Whatever.

EdzUp(Posted 2013) [#10]
C.k. you do know you could edit ya post to add the answer if you find out yourself:-)

c.k.(Posted 2013) [#11]
EdzUp, true. I think, though, that an answer should be posted separately for two reasons: 1) bumps the thread and lets people know there's another post (and in this case, a helpful answer!), and 2) uh. OK, just one reason. :-D