Monkey V68(c) now up!

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Monkey V68(c) now up!

marksibly(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi,

Just a little update to V68b, mainly to fix XNA builds on Windows phone 7 and xbox 360.

However, it also includes a new HttpRequest class that will soon be replacing HttpGetter. So if you've done anything with HttpGetter please convert to HttpRequest ASAP. I considered leaving both in, but IMO HttpGetter is new enough that no one should seriously miss it.

I've modelled HttpRequest around javascript's XMLHttpRequest, the idea being you can use it to GET, POST, HEAD, PUT, DELETE etc. I've only tested simple GET and POST so far, and it only currently works on glfw, ios, android.

My experience with this REST stuff is fairly limited - please let me know if/how it needs improvement.

dded httprequest module - please migrate to this as httpgetter will be removed in V69.

Fixed mac glfw gles20 apps failing to build due to GL_GLEXT_LEGACY define in glfw.h

Fixed xna winphone7/xbox360 builds failing due to FormClosing method.

Amon(Posted 2013) [#2]
Thanks, Mark!

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#3]
Good fixes all around. I guess I won't be clinging onto 66b for very much longer!

Playniax(Posted 2013) [#4]
Do you ever sleep Mark? ;)

Thanks!

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#5]
Thanks Mark lol

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#6]
Should i upgrade to v67f or v68c considering not very bery big changes has been done between 67f and 68c?

PoliteProgrammer(Posted 2013) [#7]
As a relatively recent convert to Monkey, I love the rate at which it's getting improved!

@Mark, by the way, I noticed for v67c you mentioned that a lot of people were struggling with 3rd-party API integration and that minimalistic official implementations might be necessary. Is this something we could potentially see in the near future?

Thanks!

CopperCircle(Posted 2013) [#8]
Thanks for the update, I am still working with the WP8 target, does anyone know how to set the Orientation to Landscape?

I have tried adding this to the Setwindow Function:

DisplayProperties::AutoRotationPreferences =
Windows::Graphics::Display::DisplayOrientations::Landscape |
Windows::Graphics::Display::DisplayOrientations::LandscapeFlipped;

But no luck.

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#9]
@Mark

Mark, i have updated to v68c (seem to be working well) except i can no more close the XNA Windows by the right-top X. It is normal ? I have to force close it in the task manager.. Ive heard about some change to windows close form.. it is related? Not a big problem since i have added some quit button in the main menu.

Edit: Aside from that it seem to work pretty well. No problems so far.. :-)

Thanks!

Samah(Posted 2013) [#10]
@Rushino: ...i can no more close the XNA Windows by the right-top X

http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=4745

Also applies to XNA.

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#11]
@Samah Oh i see sorry. I missed that info. Thanks for the info. :)

golomp(Posted 2013) [#12]
Thank you Mark!

The HttpRequest class is exactly what i was needed for my projects
and actually POST and GET are enough for my uses...

Good work. (and very hard work)

blabz(Posted 2013) [#13]
Fantastic Mark! Was exactly what I needed.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#14]
Great update!

Alienforce(Posted 2013) [#15]
Thanks Mark!!

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#16]
All examples probably should be updated with the KEY_CLOSE command.

Interesting that KeyDown(KEY_CLOSE) does not work (GLFW).

If KeyHit(KEY_CLOSE) Then Error ""
If KeyDown(KEY_CLOSE) Then Error "" ''does not work

pantson(Posted 2013) [#17]
Ignore this now.. the issue seems to have disappeared with no code change. V strange
===========
deviceheight() on latest version on Android seems to include the height of the toolbar at the bottom on ICS too.
This makes my screen hang off the bottom... I cant remember if previous versions had the toolbar there.
Let me check...
===========