Ted and Monkey

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Ted and Monkey

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#1]
Could we have Ted and Monkey distributed on separated folders somehow so people using thirdparty IDEs can easily remove TED? It gets 70 MiB at each update if you take Ted for windows, mac and linux. Maybe a slightly better organization of the Monkey deplyment wouldn't hurt...

EDIT:
What I mean is having a single ZIP as we have now, but having TED and BIN tools into separated folders inside the same ZIP, so you can remove/modify TED easily. They're currently put together into the Bin folder. It would be nice that the Zip contains a Bin folder and a Ted folder to separate the IDE and the Compiler. It's just that current "put all together into the Bin" looks very unorganized and at the end you don't know if the dlls qt libraries are required by Ted or by the compiler, etc.
Reorganizing a bit the structure of the downloadable Zip updates would make it look a bit better finished and better organized in my honest point of view. It's a ultra minimal change.

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#2]
Yep I second that even though I don't care about the size, but there might be "low end" bandwith connections somewhere around Ozzie-land. ;)

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#3]
I understand the need of deploying them together if you want users to get everything in a single package. the think is that the IDE and the compiler BIN tools are all mixed in a folder and it is not very elgant. It would be very nice if you could just remove the TED folder when you use any other IDE or EDITOR and get rid of the 70 MiB it takes.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#4]
Sorry, but I like it like it is right now. Leave it.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#5]
@Mikehart: How can it be any better to have one single folder with all mixed into the Zip, instead of having a Zip with separated folders for de IDE and the compiler A folder called TED and a folder called BIN in the same zip would be much better in my honest opinion.
Just to be clear, I'm not asking for separated deployment of the IDE and the Compiler. That would add some additional work to Mark. What I'm asking for is properly organized deployment of the two, together, in the same download.

I would love the BIN folder to contain the compiler tools, and a TED folder containing ted, instead of having them all mixed without any kind of organization. So you can run Ted and it looks for the BIN tools at ../Bin You can also remove TED, add your custom version of it, etc. with ease.