Landscape mode iOS/Android

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Landscape mode iOS/Android

frank(Posted 2013) [#1]
Again, searched but couldn't find :)

I locked both my Android and iOS games in Landscape mode, but in both cases Monkey keeps reporting DeviceHeight > DeviceWith while clearly this is not the case. The iPad IS in landscape mode and I even 'wait' for DeviceWidth > DeviceHeight (which never happens) ; same for Android (Emulator + Galaxy S2).

What am I doing wrong? My games keep rendering in Portrait while the device is in landscape...

To make sure I could test I made a Diddy LoadScreen extends Screen which in which the Update mode writes the DeviceWidth / DeviceHeight to the screen and waits to continue until width > height. No matter how I turn the devices (although you can see the actual device changing the orientation), the resolutions stay the same.

rIKmAN(Posted 2013) [#2]
What version of Monkey are you using?

Are you locking them in XCode or using Monkey?

I have locked to Landscape using XCode and DeviceWidth() and DeviceHeight() both report correct values. (v66)

frank(Posted 2013) [#3]
I am using v66 and using XCode (plist) to lock it.

Got a bit further;

https://gist.github.com/tluyben/5046420

if I just put this and allow all orientations it reports them correctly when I switch between them; however when I want to force one orientation (landscape left button) it does not; it keeps reporting the wrong values.

So if you just build this for iPad only, left button landscape only, it will report 768x1024 on a non retina iPad which in landscape. At least that's what it does for me.

... Bit further again

When I leave left AND right button landscape on, it works as well. So it only fails when I leave only one option (which is actually what I want).

rIKmAN(Posted 2013) [#4]
Ahh that might be worth posting in the bugs forum then.

I have locked to both landscape buttons so that will be why I don't see the error.

Any reason you don't want them to be able to play both ways in landscape?

frank(Posted 2013) [#5]
You have a point there :) Maybe I'm just too rigid in my wishes. I think it's a bug anyway (not sure, but i'll post it).

Patch(Posted 2013) [#6]
I had the same issue, but updating to 66b fixed it for me.