monkemitter v2

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/monkemitter v2

dave.h(Posted 2013) [#1]
hi guys ive created a module that works well for me and an editor to create the emitters.works well for me on all targets (not checked ios).Its very easy to implement you can see a small demo and download the code that created it below.You cant run it though till you have the module.If anyone is interested i can have it ready for release prob by sunday with a small tutorial on the editor and small program tutorial although you can get a good idea of how easy it is to implement with the code supplied.Its an updated version of something i started before but stopped work on it because i thought timelinefx would be miles better.anyway itll be free if your interseted.

http://gamecentaur.com/page3.html

slenkar(Posted 2013) [#2]
quite nice, try to do a fire with smoke

ordigdug(Posted 2013) [#3]
+1

Leginus(Posted 2013) [#4]
+1

Alienforce(Posted 2013) [#5]
+1

Leginus(Posted 2013) [#6]
Its Sunday /FingersCrossed :)

dave.h(Posted 2013) [#7]
sorry guys pc broke ive got backups of the code and module but ive just bought a new pc.got to upload everything and reset everything in monkey then download my screencapture software ect.Very sorry for delay.Also got install webplus x6 to download all the files to my website.Ive installed monkey and jungle ide so far but only got flash working.Hopefully android and glfx tomorrow.You need glfx to save the emitter you create so that you can use it in your project.once everything is back up again i will release.its very very easy to implement it.

can anyone help with this
http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=4670

dave.h(Posted 2013) [#8]
short demo of editor here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riu0BaIGt5Q

Leginus(Posted 2013) [#9]
Sorry to hear about your pc that is never a good thing, but at least you have backups of your code which is always good :)

The demo of the editor looks great. Really looking forward to using this. Nice work!

dave.h(Posted 2013) [#10]
ok guys heres the editor and two examples

http://gamecentaur.com/

example 1 is the easiest

example 2 is almost the same as example 1 but ive loaded more emitters into the program.

The module is in the same folder as both examples.Just run the examples and everything should work.If its of any use to you and you have any probs just let me know and i will try to help.Its set to run at 30 fps but this can be changed if you run your games at a faster setupdaterate.Just change the setupdaterate2 in the module to whatever you are working with.Sorry the module doesnt read as easy as the examples i will tidy that up later as i plan to add lots more to the module .

Leginus(Posted 2013) [#11]
Excellent!! Thx for this. Will give it a try soon :)

Leginus(Posted 2013) [#12]
Ok tried it................Great Job!! Love example 2, it really shows off what the emitter can do.

Very nice work and thanks for your effort and releasing it. Really appreciated and if I use it in any decent stuff I will definitely credit you...although not much fear of that at the moment :)

Alienforce(Posted 2013) [#13]
Love it :) thanks..
Question: Would it be possible to get the source for the editor ??

dave.h(Posted 2013) [#14]
im in the process of tidying the editor up and adding more options to the emitter.Im thinking about adding colour change,bounce effects and several other things that i havent even given a name to yet.So id rather not release this version of the editor as it is very messy right now but will release the next version if you want it.If theres anything particular you wanted from it i have already several parts of the code that will work as a stand alone modules such as the buttons and sliders.Your welcome to those classes if you want them.If its anything else i will do my best to help you out but it wont be tonight and probably not tomorrow as im out with the lads for my birthday booze up tonight and will no doubt be regretting it tomorrow.

Alienforce(Posted 2013) [#15]
;) Happy birthday!

Leginus(Posted 2013) [#16]
Hi! Still think the particles are great :)

However, I am having a bit of an issue as I am running some of my stuff at 60FPS and obviously the editor is 30 fps. When I move the particles into the 60fps environment they don't run correctly and it takes a lot of guesswork and fiddling (ooer missus) to get it right.

Is it possible to release a 60fps version of the editor please?

Cheers

dave.h(Posted 2013) [#17]
have you changed the SETUPDATERATE2 variable in the monkemitter module to 60 and saved it.Its at line 46 or there about.

just to let you know

1)next version has colour change added so makes good fire and smoke effects
you can change your images from any starting colour to any finish colour

2) you can make an effect permanent for effects like starfields and such

3)quad symetry added.looks good when used right

tidied up editor so will release that when ive added a few more things.

Afterthought, you can probable just type

SETUPDATERATE2 = 60

in your OnCreate()

Leginus(Posted 2013) [#18]
Thanks Dave. I did try that but it didn't seem to be working. Don't worry about it, I shall have a proper look and stop being idle :)

Great news on the particle changes. You're doing an awsome job!

dave.h(Posted 2013) [#19]
I will have a look tonight after work.i will either release an easy fix or the editor and module that runs at 60fps.i thought id accounted for this senario .thanks for letting me know

Leginus(Posted 2013) [#20]
Thanks Dave.

I only noticed it as I was using it for a candle fx and the little smoke particles behind the flame are extremely fast, on some other stuff e.g. standard particle explosions it is negligible due to the nature of the FX.

Hope this helps

dave.h(Posted 2013) [#21]
@leginus

is it possible for you to email me the image and txt file you are using for this emitter as it would make it a lot easier for me to debug if i could see what the actual differences are.

gamecentaur@...

i can then test it at all speeds.

Leginus(Posted 2013) [#22]
Of course. will email it shortly

Leginus(Posted 2013) [#23]
Just sent the email. it has no subject line as i forgot :)

dave.h(Posted 2013) [#24]
just sent an updated module to your email that hopefully corrects speed issue.if it works proper i will add to the new version im working on

you will just have to add the line

SETUPDATERATE2=60 in your OnCreate()

Leginus(Posted 2013) [#25]
Excellent thanks Dave. What a response time :)
I will give this a go shortly

Leginus(Posted 2013) [#26]
Great stuff. Thats sorted it thanks.