Looking for theory on DrawingMatrix

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Looking for theory on DrawingMatrix

Waldo Reed(Posted 2013) [#1]
Recently watched Small Time Outlaws video tutorial series on the mojo 2d framework. Never heard of DrawingMatrix until now. While I've seen some code in action, I'm not sure I totally grasp the concept. Your reasoning and explanations are appreciated. Here's what I think I know...

The Identity Matrix is used as a normal default matrix for the DrawingMatrix. To reset the DrawingMatrix back to some type of normal, setting it to the Identity Matrix satisfies it.

The DrawingMatrix represents a collection of 2D modifications, when added to the stack, will influence drawing commands. For example, your game has drawing commands in code that work on one platform and a particular device. Now you want your game to work on either a different platform or a device with different resolution and/or pixels per inch. Instead of having to change the drawing commands in the code, you can create a different DrawingMatrix. When the game is run on the different platform or device, it will work thanks to the 2D modifications in the different DrawingMatrix.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#2]
Khan Academy is great.

https://www.khanacademy.org/math/linear-algebra/matrix_transformations/lin_trans_examples/v/linear-transformation-examples--rotations-in-r2

or check out Math/Linear Algebra if you need more info.