compiler flags

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/compiler flags

Jesse(Posted 2013) [#1]
is there a way to add flags to a compiler without resorting to manual compiling it through the command line?
I mean by using the monkey IDE.

I need to add these flags to the flash compiler:
"-swf-version=13"

therevills(Posted 2013) [#2]
I dont think so, when Monkey calls the Flash compile it is hard coded:
Execute "mxmlc -static-link-runtime-shared-libraries=true MonkeyGame.as"

And there arent any flags to do this:
TRANS Usage: trans [-update] [-build] [-run] [-clean] [-config=...] [-target=...] [-cfgfile=...] [-modpath=...] <main_monkey_source_file>
Valid targets: C++_Tool Glfw_Game Html5_Game Windows_8_Game Windows_Phone_8_Game Xna_Game
Valid configs: debug release

You could alter Trans yourself and recompile Monkey, if you wanted to ;)

Jesse(Posted 2013) [#3]
thanks therevills.
I have been messing with it for hours but couldn't figure it out.
Just now I opened the mxmlc file with a text editor and added it to the parameter list and it seems to work. it fixed my problem!

Thanks therevills.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#4]
Yet another reason for trans.exe to have CC_OPTS (compiler flags)!

Jesse(Posted 2013) [#5]
that would be cool.
the biggest issue right now for me was that the new flex SDK for Mac does not support the 32bit VM anymore, I had to remove a few line from the mxmlc configuration file and add the parameters to the end of an specific line. it might not be possible to do it externally. I could be wrong.

Sammy(Posted 2013) [#6]
More options for the command line compiler parameters would be useful to me too.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#7]
compiler flags is something that i've hacked into my own monkey compiler and into monkey-ext. it is necessary to have if monkey wants to interface with existing libraries that use shared libs, otherwise monkey will always be limited.