fantomEngine question

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/fantomEngine question

blayzekohime(Posted 2012) [#1]
I feel like I must be missing something obvious since I haven't been able to find anyone else having this issue, but fantomEngine doesn't seem to compile for me. When I try to compile anything with fantomEngine (v147) included, it gives me an error:
Syntax error - expecting assignment

It gives me this error on the line in fantomEngine.monkey that reads: #REFLECTION_FILTER+="|fantomEngine.cftObject*"

I still get the error when I'm compiling the fantomEngine base code from their web site. I think I have the most recent version of the reflection module as I just purchased Monkey. I tried to compile it as html5,flash, and android and got the same error, and I can't think of anything else to try.

Is this something that others have experienced and fixed?

DruggedBunny(Posted 2012) [#2]
First thing to check -- you probably *don't* have the very latest version of Monkey!

Hit the Account link at top-right and then Product Updates. (The purchase version tends not to be quite as up to date as the latest available here.) The latest stable version is V66.

If it's not that, then it's over to someone else... !

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#3]
Yup, he is mostlikely Ion V63. Get v66 and reflection is available.

blayzekohime(Posted 2013) [#4]
That did solve that issue, however now I get a completely different error. It says 'reflection module not found' on the 'Import reflection' line. I do have a reflection module in modules. I'm not sure if there is an update for that too, but I wasn't able to find one.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#5]
That is weird.

How do you have the module stored?

The location for the module on my system is Monkey66/modules/fantomEngine/

In this folder you should have all the monkey files like fantomEngine.monkey and also the examples folder.

blayzekohime(Posted 2013) [#6]
MonkeyPro63b/modules/fantomEngine
and
MonkeyPro63b/modules/reflection

I didn't change the folder name but it is the v66. I tried putting the reflection files and reflection module in the fantomEngine folder too just to see, but no difference.

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#7]
Did you just copied the V66 stuff into V63? Maybe that is a problem. I have no clue why it isn't working for you. Works fine here perfectly.

blayzekohime(Posted 2013) [#8]
Okay...
No idea why, but when I put V66 in its own folder by itself it works fine, so I guess I will use that folder.

Thanks for the answers :)