Ignition V1.4 now up!

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Ignition V1.4 now up!

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi,

Ignition V1.4 is now available.

This is a small update. We are working on a lot of stuff. Priority for us is more and better GUI components.

Skinned buttons can now be resized (experimental) and keep the nice rounded edges. It uses a 9 part grid to achieve this. A gui grid editor is provided to create the data.

Working demo

And:

Modules:

* gfx.monkey *

- Added simple iProgressBarH () function.
- Added simple iProgressBarV () function.
- Added iDrawSubImageRect () function.

* filters.monkey * (New 'image processing' class)

- ToBlackAndWhite () converts an image to black and white image.
- CreateMask () creates a mask of an image.

* engine.monkey *

- Resizable buttons and gui grid tool.
- Added swipe method for layer objects.

Bug fixes:

- Collision editor (window not opening).

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2012) [#2]
Thanks!

benmc(Posted 2012) [#3]
Your framework looks really interesting, is there a noob getting-started, hand-holding, kind of tutorial or anything?

smilertoo(Posted 2012) [#4]
It comes with various examples.

Beaker(Posted 2012) [#5]
Any more info on the image processing class?

werton(Posted 2012) [#6]
Hi all!
Playniax, is there any other way to pay, and not through shareit? Twice tried to buy, and every time I got a letter in which written that it is necessary to verify the order, and them promised contact with me for at least 4 hours, but not later than 24 hours. Nothing happened. When buying "monkey" had no such problems.
ps: sorry for my english

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#7]
How am I supposed to download the update? Clicking on download just shows a blank page (in Firefox, Chrome, IE):

Amon(Posted 2012) [#8]
@xaron

monkey.playniax.com

Enter your Serial and download! :)

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#9]
Ah well thanks, that worked!

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#10]
Werton! Send me an email contact[at]playniax.com

I can not find your email.

Anyone else had a problem with share-it?

Rushino(Posted 2012) [#11]
Nice update ! Keep the good work.

AndroidAndy(Posted 2012) [#12]
Do you think you could build in support for Spriter? Take a look http://brashmonkey.com this seems to be coming along nicely.

Belimoth(Posted 2012) [#13]
@AndriodAndy therevills has made this: http://monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=2709

Sledge(Posted 2013) [#14]
I just bought in and am sifting through the examples. If you're looking to improve the GUI can I make a suggestion? For a button press to count the event should really start and end on the same element (ie if I press down elsewhere and slide over the button to release, that shouldn't be a button press; if I press down over a button then slide off it before releasing, that shouldn't be a button press either). I wouldn't use Ignition's buttons as-is because, irrespective of how they look, they don't behave like buttons.

I'd quite like to balance this post with something positive but I literally only just started playing around with the framework and that one thing stood out immediately. Off to faff about with the font stuff now :)

AndroidAndy(Posted 2013) [#15]
@Belimoth, I remember the work that therevills did a few months back, but I was really looking for direct support for Spriter baked into Ignition and supported by Planiax. I would second @Sledge on the button event, but a press should be different from a "Click" which is different from a "Double-Click".

Playniax(Posted 2013) [#16]
Hi,

I am experimenting with Box2D templates for Ignition.

I started out with box2d so I don't know much about it. Does any one know if the shapes can be 'skinned' because I think that would be a cool feature for Ignition to support if possible. I don't promiss anything yet though ;)

Also is box2d the engine by choice?

Bye