MonkeyTab (chrome plugin)

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/MonkeyTab (chrome plugin)

Skn3(Posted 2012) [#1]
It was really annoying me that every html5 compile opened a new tab in chrome so I made a plugin. The plugin will only allow 1 tab compiled by monkey to be open at a time.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/monkeytab/pdglblkghdpdpganfhagfjadiedgoodm

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#2]
Thanks, will give it a try.

Skn3(Posted 2012) [#3]
I updated the extension so that it will look for a tab that is running on the same port as the current compile. If it finds one it will refresh that tab and close the other duplicates. This means if you open a console on the tab it will remain open :D

Soap(Posted 2012) [#4]
This is super useful. Thank you!

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2012) [#5]
Very simple, yet extremely helpful. Awesome work, thank you.

- Oh, in your code I noticed the regex pattern had "[0-9]*" in it, which makes "http://localhost:/MonkeyGame.html" a valid match. It would be more accurate to put "[0-9]{1,5}" or even "[0-9]+". Although, in reality, I doubt it would make a difference.

devolonter(Posted 2012) [#6]
Very useful. Thank you!

Skn3(Posted 2012) [#7]
Thanks GLG, I have updated the regexp.

I also tweaked it slightly so it will reuse the first tab regardless if the port of mserver has changed. You will have to redownload.

Before it would close all tabs and keep the new one if the mserver port had changed. With the new behaviour there should never a be a situation where the javascript console will close.

Skn3(Posted 2013) [#8]
*bump* for anyone who missed it.

I just had to install it on a laptop so had to do a search. I'm sure this is useful to many people, perhaps it could be made sticky?

Soap(Posted 2013) [#9]
+1 to sticky.

This solves a huge pain point everyone using Monkey will have.

One suggestion: filter out "view-source:" links to not close!

Belimoth(Posted 2013) [#10]
I love this so much.

Neuro(Posted 2013) [#11]
Quite useful, thanks!

Tibit(Posted 2013) [#12]
Just re-installed as well, thanks for having it bumped. This plugin is awesome!
Agree this would be nice with sticky :)

Skn3(Posted 2013) [#13]
I will look at the view-source: thing when i get onto my desktop next :)

Rushino(Posted 2013) [#14]
Very useful! Thanks!

Hummelpups(Posted 2013) [#15]
so, who wants to implement this feature into firefox? :>

C10B(Posted 2013) [#16]
What are you all doing?

Why not just click the Compile Only button (the red rocket without that isn't taking off) and then just hit refresh on your browser. No plugins required! Have I missed something? Or are you all now kicking yourselves?

Skn3(Posted 2013) [#17]
Two clicks instead of one? Its the difference between turning a tv on by pressing power on your remote.. or turning a tv on at the mains power and then the power on remote.

Do it once and there are no complaints, have to do it 100 times in an hour then it gets annoying.

Tibit(Posted 2013) [#18]
Yea. I have noticed that the monkey web server closes its connection after a few compiles, does that happen to anyone else?

Skn3(Posted 2013) [#19]
I get this sometimes just forgot to report it .. lol! will add to bug forums

Skn3(Posted 2013) [#20]
I have updated this finally to take into account the view-source bug. MonkeyTab will no longer close view-source tabs. You will need to redownload and install the file linked in the first post.

Snader(Posted 2013) [#21]
I updated, but now my console is gone... The I deleted MonkeyTab and now the console is back!

Skn3(Posted 2013) [#22]
Haha whoops I may have accident left in some code in there from my personal version. Ill update soon!

Skn3(Posted 2013) [#23]
Updated the plugin to not hide the console. You will have to redownload and reinstall.

Snader(Posted 2013) [#24]
Thanks, it is very helpful!

Skn3(Posted 2015) [#25]
Just added this to the chrome webstore for easy updating/installing to chrome :)

Shinkiro1(Posted 2015) [#26]
This is nice.