Anyone excited to see the next monkey update?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Anyone excited to see the next monkey update?

Skn3(Posted 2012) [#1]
Based on previous blitz style update silences, the calm before the storm, it feels like the next monkey update could be quite a tasty one. The length of time seems long enough at least! I keep checking back thinking "oo I wonder if its out yet??"

But No .. AHH can't take the suspense.

So I wonder what the next Monkey update will contain :)...?

Will there be a traditional Merry Merry Monkey Christmas this year :D ?

c.k.(Posted 2012) [#2]
LOL. I hope you've been nice all year! Santa has a list, ya know...?

dragon(Posted 2012) [#3]
linux-version is confirmed
a better build system was on roadmap
and i hope metro for desktop + phones
i hope also for final ps vita upgrade

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#4]
"...and a partridge in a pear treeeeeeeee...."

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#5]
the linux and build system stuffings ssound noice

ziggy(Posted 2012) [#6]
the whole new metro target and a new targets system + linux version is a lot of work, so I supose that's it. but yes... I'm excited!

Skn3(Posted 2012) [#7]
I can imagine a hell of a lot :D Better be leaving these out on crimbo eve as SantaSibly might need some energy for all that extra work!

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#8]
yummy. i am mostly exited by the " new target system".

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#9]
Oh well I had the same thoughts... :)

Rus(Posted 2012) [#10]
I've been checking the forums daily. Feels like a steam sale! What will be released? The air is ripe with eager anticipation. :)

smilertoo(Posted 2012) [#11]
I only bought Monkey recently; going on past experience this means it will be discontinued and a new product announced.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#12]
So what?

BlitzBasic is feature complete.
BlitzMax is feature complete.

So why should these languages be continued (beside bug fixes)? In what manner? They still receive bug fixes so I don't see your point.

Armitage1982(Posted 2012) [#13]
So ...
So ?
So !

Can you feel it...
Can you feel it ?
Can you feel it !

This year, Christmas will be replaced by civil wars !

The new target is the Commodore 64

You can all go back in your house, in front of your computer. Nothing to see, move along :)

Skn3(Posted 2012) [#14]
haha fitting background music :D

[edit]
I totally never saw that video in full or even partly in full.. and blimey tripout!

c.k.(Posted 2012) [#15]
Xaron, I'm sure he was joking. I LOLed. :-)

NoOdle(Posted 2012) [#16]
I am looking forward to the christmas update!

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#17]
@smilertoo. It is not a new product but an new udpate to Monkey that is comming.

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#18]
I don't think we will get a new target, but a new system on how targets are implemented. That is what Mark mentioned inside his blog one time. At least if my half decent ability to understand english didn't fool me.

smilertoo(Posted 2012) [#19]
There has been a trend over the years of things being replaced or discontinued just after i buy them, i am like a tech Jonah.

NoOdle(Posted 2012) [#20]
There has been a trend over the years of things being replaced or discontinued just after i buy them, i am like a tech Jonah.

I urge you to uninstall monkey and not use it for another 5 years, I don't want you jinxing it ;)

Skn3(Posted 2012) [#21]
Haha and install all of the competing products instead :D

Tibit(Posted 2012) [#22]
I'm gonna make a Shooter with the new target system ;)

And hopefully it makes adding ADS to the games super simple.

Not that I want to HYPE, (I do really but won't admit it), Actually the new TARGET system might be so good we might just get blow away.

Somehow I'd wish we did not have to wait until the 24th of Dec... But if it is good...

Fly-Games(Posted 2012) [#23]
On ubuntu i set access to run to ted, monkey, transcc_linux and mserver_linux. And anyway in monkey i dont see html target :(