The #Config is confusing me

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/The #Config is confusing me

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#1]
I'm confused. Since the latest monkey (V66) has changed the way it does preprocessor #CONFIG variables, which is the correct way?

#CONFIG=True
#CONFIG="true"
#CONFIG="True"

because they will all react differently on different platforms, and has been a source of my problems with miniB3D android.

EDIT:
Yup, a source of my frustrations was that on android 2.2, opengles20
#ANDROID_NATIVE_GL_ENABLED="true" ''did not work
#ANDROID_NATIVE_GL_ENABLED=True ''did work

I have put some posts in bug reports, just thought other should know.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#2]
#CONFIG=True

Should be the right one. Mark said (if I remember correctly) that he went away from these string definitions.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#3]
ya thanks, i see where i got confused:
config.monkey files don't need need enquotes if true/false and probably not for integers, either.

also, it seems the preprocessor += ONLY works with reflection, which is a bit unfair...

Trans (V1.41):

Target CONFIG.TXT files are now monkey files that are preprocessed only. This means you will need to prefix each CONFIG.TXT line with '#' and enquote params. This is a definite 'delete/update' .build dir change.

Added preprocessor config var += operator, mainly for use with adding reflection filters.

Preprocessor config vars can now be modified, UNTIL they are used - ie: once a config var is evaluated for use with #If, #Print, #Error #blah= etc, it cannot be modified.