Any Ignition tutorials?

Monkey Forums/Monkey Programming/Any Ignition tutorials?

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2012) [#1]
I thinking about using this engine for my next game.
I'm having a little problem with getting started. Is there some tutorials on this engine?
I mean like the "Hello World" example, but a little more advanced.

I know there are some examples that come with the Ignition engine, but I like a step by step tutorial on how to use it.

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#2]
The framework has a very detailed step by step tutorial on the engine so what do you mean exactly? What do you want to make?

Volker(Posted 2012) [#3]
A good start are the templates in the zip in \monkey\bananas\playiniax\iginition\templates.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2012) [#4]
I like tutorials in text telling me step by step how to start up a new project.
Ex. show me how to set screen solution and display a sprite, maybe move it around.

I always like to learn programming by books.

I tend to learn better that way, look into examples always comes second for me!

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#5]
The tutorials with it are very detailed and easy to use. There are a ton there. I am only intermediate level at best and I got on quite well with them.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2012) [#6]
I know there something with the engine but I prefer a written tutorial.
I was only asking if such a thing exist?

Playniax(Posted 2012) [#7]
Hi,

I have plans to write more simplictic tutorials and more background information about the engine but for now the tutorials will have to do. They will even improve more over time and the feedback I got so far was and is very helpful.

So if anyone get stuck in the engine somehow, send me an email. I will try to help. The basic Monkey skills you will have to teach your self.